Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

S/0 Grocery Store -- riding in the cart

How old was your child (or will your child be) when they started (or start) walking instead of riding in the cart?

Are you more of a believer that kids should be walking as soon as they can, or more a believer that they should be in the cart as long as possible?

Have you ever had trouble with your child misbehaving or running away or crying the whole time while in the store?

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade

Re: S/0 Grocery Store -- riding in the cart

• Options

1)  We haven't crossed that yet.  They are starting to want to ride onto the sides of the cart - but I haven't allowed that.  There is no way that they (this age) would walk the whole time in a grocery store - they are 2 3/4.

2) If I can keep them in a cart as long as possible so I know where they are.

3)  No they do pretty well in the grocery store.  But again they are in the cart.

• Options
    I'm with PP...I want to keep DD in the cart for as long as possible that way I know where she is all the time.  DH likes to let her out and walk around, but I don't.  We only do that if we are both with her and one can walk with her and the other can shop. 
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

MAY '15 DEC. SIGGY CHALLENGE- FAV. CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Dating- 3/1/1999 ~ Married- 10/10/2004
    DD#1- Sweet Pea ~ Born on her Due Date 3/1/2007
    DD#2- Pumpkin ~ Due 9/29/2010 Arrived 10/1/2010

~ BFP: 6/12/2013 EDD: 2/21/2014 NT Scan: 8/5/2013 (11w3d) MMC D&C: 8/8/2013 ~

~BFP: 3/15/2014 EDD: 11/24/2014 CP 4 weeks 4 days ~

~BFP: 7/2/2014 EDD: 3/15/2015 CP 4 weeks ~

~BFP: 8/31/2014 EDD: 5/10/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersimageimage
    *All are Welcome*

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My DD was 3 when she had to start walking because I was pg with DS and couldn't lift her.  I'd love to keep DS sitting up there where I can keep an eye on him, but he's been too leggy for several months.

I'm a "be in the cart as long as possible" person.

I've been fortunate in that my kids are usually entertained by the grocery store and don't cause many problems.  I've occasionally dealt with crying at checkout time, but no running away.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    DD stays in the cart while we are grocery shopping. She would be all over the place if I let her walk. lol.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm a let them walk person.  DD almost never goes in a cart or stroller.  I do keep her close by having her help push the cart or push DS in the stroller.  She is very good about staying close and she loves helping.  She is great at walking long distances since she has been doing it since DS was born.  I hate the stroller and am glad we never have to use a double. 
  • Options
    imageneverblushed:

How old was your child (or will your child be) when they started (or start) walking instead of riding in the cart? N/A

Are you more of a believer that kids should be walking as soon as they can, or more a believer that they should be in the cart as long as possible?  I am all about her staying in the cart. 

Have you ever had trouble with your child misbehaving or running away or crying the whole time while in the store?  She's not tall enough to hold hands well...so she would easily be the wild banshee running around the store.

• Options
    DS stopped riding in the cart after he turned 2.  I let him walk b/c he is good and listens well.  If he misbehaved or ran away I would make him sit in it.
    DS - June 2006 DD1 - November 2007 DD2 - August 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"