Orange County Babies

What are you cutting back on?

With the way the economy is, what are you doing as a family to cut costs?

DH and I are trying to eat at home more or at least less expensive dinners. Not buying clothes as often. Going to the library more instead of buying every book I want to read.

Re: What are you cutting back on?

• I am primarily cutting back on sushi, brie, and booze. I guess the pregnancy IS good for cutting costs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have cut out a vacation we had planned, we don't go out often, only buy on sale or with a coupon/discount and really concentrate on needs instead of wants.

DJ is on a very expensive formula and we learned quickly how to cut things out.?

• Loading the player...
  • we are with you MissLinz, we have cut back on eating out.  And since my husband gave up drinking for Lent and I can't drink right now, we have definitely saved money on our restaurant bills.  Like more then half.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely cut back on eating out, as well as on buying wine!  I don't go to Starbucks nearly as much as I used to and since I was laid off, I'm not going out to eat lunch every day.  I have to stay out of the department stores!  I am a shopaholic so it's been tough, but sometimes I think it means I just spend more at Target, Albertsons and Trader Joes, LOL! But I also got a library card so I can check out books and we're also not buying as many movies-on-demand. 
  • imagemland75:
    Definitely cut back on eating out, as well as on buying wine!  I don't go to Starbucks nearly as much as I used to and since I was laid off, I'm not going out to eat lunch every day.  I have to stay out of the department stores!  I am a shopaholic so it's been tough, but sometimes I think it means I just spend more at Target, Albertsons and Trader Joes, LOL! But I also got a library card so I can check out books and we're also not buying as many movies-on-demand. 

ive cut out really good wine, now to inexpensive wine from TJs :)

• I forgot to add booze and happy hours!
  • imageweebaby:

ive cut out really good wine, now to inexpensive wine from TJs :)

I think my poor husband is going to have a breakdown soon if he doesn't have some nice wine!  Funny thing is, he never drank wine until 3 years ago...now he loves it!  

Any good inexpensive red wine suggestions?

• Not sure where you live but Hi-Times liquor in Costa Mesa has far and away the best wine selection in this area for both foreign and domestic wines. And their prices are really competitive. The only cheaper alternative would be the Bev Mo sales. Oh Hi-Times, I miss you my friend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, we haven't been to Hi-Times in a while...too tempting.  My husband lacks an internal impulse regulator...if he sees it, he'll want to buy it...and if he wants to buy it, he'll probably end up buying it, LOL!  He's a salesman's dream!
  • bev-mo is having their wine sale.  you could at least get a deal!  :)

i love good wine but for a glass at night, i can even deal with 2 buck chuck.  there are some good under $10 wines at TJs.  what do you like?

• We love Cabs; DH also really likes Italian wines, like Amarone (we tried TJ's Amarone...it got the thumbs down Sad)  I also like Petite Syrahs.  Definitely more into reds, but we enjoy a good Pinot Gris too!

I'll definitely check out Bev Mo...keep meaning to, but you got with me "sale" Big Smile

• Also check out Cost Plus for wine. Cheap wines with ratings so you see what you are getting. Hi-Times I love, they have good non-alcoholic beer:)
  • What have we cut back on?  We had cut way back on going out to eat, but last week was terrible, I think we went out 5 times.  I have definitely cut back on buying things for myself, like clothes, and books and CDs, but a lot of that has been replaced by shopping for the baby.

I just can't cut back on buying wine, but I do try to keep it around $10 a bottle.  I just go to Bev Mo and browse and look at the ratings.  I haven't been to Hi-Times in a long time, though, I need to get back over there for some more variety.

• We've cut back on eating out, going to the movies, and with me pregnant we have cut back on Kettle One. No starbucks allowed - brew at home.

With the baby coming, we definetely consider needs vs wants. Looking online for coupons.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"