Infertility

Question about freezing embies

We were fortunate enough to freeze 2 embies last IVF. The freezing fee was $850 and covers a year of storage. We've decided to do a fresh IVF cycle again for lots of reasons. Does anyone know if we are fortunate enough again to have some frosties, would it be another charge of $850 or do you think they'd discount it since we already have embies chilling out there and they could put them together. I will call and ask, but just curious if anyone has experience with freezing multiple "batches" of embryos. TIA!
Baby Girl #1 Gabriella Jane Image and video hosting by TinyPicPregnancy Ticker

Re: Question about freezing embies

• That's a good question. I'm curious too. Our fee is around $1250.00 for just the freeze and $360.00 for one year of storage....ouch!
    Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
  • I was charged an initial freeze fee each time I had embies to freeze after an IVF cycle ($700) but the yearly renewal fee is the same for as many embryos as I have ($350). 

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope it's okay I post, but I had this very same question and dealt with the same thing.

We had embies left over and just moved on to another IVF. So we didn't have to pay anything extra. They just put the 2nd IVFs embies with the 1st IVFs and we just had the 1 storage fee to pay. I think it was like 850 a year for us. But it would have been that much no matter how many embies you have. We just had to pay the freeze again which was 400. I almost imagine as you have a storage room, pay for the year, and make deposits and withdrawls as you go.

• imageMewMew:

I hope it's okay I post, but I had this very same question and dealt with the same thing.

We had embies left over and just moved on to another IVF. So we didn't have to pay anything extra. They just put the 2nd IVFs embies with the 1st IVFs and we just had the 1 storage fee to pay. I think it was like 850 a year for us. But it would have been that much no matter how many embies you have. We just had to pay the freeze again which was 400. I almost imagine as you have a storage room, pay for the year, and make deposits and withdrawls as you go.

Awesome that you post here. :) Thanks for the info.
    Baby Girl #1 Gabriella Jane Image and video hosting by TinyPicPregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"