Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Is there an age cutoff for swaddling?

DS (4.5 months) loves to be swaddled, but he is outgrowing my thermal piece of fabric I use to wrap him up.  I am thinking about buying a swaddle me, but wasn't sure if it was too late or if i need to cut off the swaddling pretty soon?  Is there a general rule of when to cut them off and they have to sleep on their own? thanks!

Re: Is there an age cutoff for swaddling?

• Options
    We swaddled until 6 months.... the cut off usually is when they dont fit the thing anymore.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We stopped at 6 months bc dd was getting out of it too easy and waking herself up. It was a RUFF two nights getting her use to no swaddle but now shes been STTN since shes been out.  Also she was starting to roll and that freaked me out with her arms in haha.

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We stopped when DD rolled over in her swaddle
  • Options
    We also stopped the swaddle when he rolled over in it.  Hard, but worth it- he's a belly sleeper now and he's so cute all rolled into a ball on his tummy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we swaddled till about 6 months. used a miracle blanket from ages 3-6 months...it lived up to its name!
  • Options
    I don't think there is a actual age cut-off.  With DS we just stopped when he started getting out of it on his own.  When that was I don't exactly remember.
  • Options
    we were doing it until 7 months. she was rolling over, etc long before that, but she just liked to be swaddled.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"