Infertility

Has anyone tried

Chiropractor/massage therapy/herbal therapy?

I went to a massage therapist/chiropractor today for a leg injury but talked to her about m/cs and IF. She said so many wonderful things, made feel so at peace with myself.
She suggested a cleanse before O to help your body and then red raspberry leaf tea every day and throughout your pregnacy too.

But she also said I am rushing things. That my body can get pg so I shouldn't use all this drugs and do IF treatments. She said the souls are aware that I am waiting and the right one will come to me when it's ready.

I would never even consider any of the things she told me about a month ago. But after mc#2 I am so lost that I am not sure of anything anymore.

Sorry, guess I just needed to vent. I would love to believe in all of this but I am sure my anxiety will kick in as soon as I get AF....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has anyone tried

• I think it's nice to have a massage, it helps you relax. I had 2 or 3 before IVF just to relax.

I don't think any of that would have relieved my PCOS.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have no advice.... I just wanted to say hello! So, HELLO!Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • I've gotten several massages over the last 6 months and they have been great for my sanity. I also believe they improved blood flow - I had a massage the day before my FET and I think it helped. I also drank red raspberry leaf tea.

BUT, I think it's much easier for a massage therapist to say "take your time" when she's not the one wanting to get and stay pregnant! 

Do whatever you're comfortable with. Maybe some massage would be good just for your soul. I find that I like to have something good happening to my body every once in awhile.

I'm so sorry about your losses!!

• I used to work for a Chiropractor for 2 years and I got adjusted atleast 1 time a week. And I am on IVF # 2 . I know it has worked for some people but some arent so lucky.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Chase is Watching you!!!!!
  • I don't go to a Chiropractor but my acupuncturist said similar things to me.  He made the point that Clomid doesn't "fix" the problem, it just "shifts" it momentarily and the problem is still there when the day is said and done.  He wants me to try things naturally, while getting acu, of course.  He said the point of acu is to fix the problems, not just mask them for a while.  My H and I decided to go through with this IUI cycle using Clomid and Ovidrel, and if it doesn't work, I may try a cycle with just acupuncture.  I do have to say, that I started going to the acu halfway through my break cycle after my m/c and I ovulated on my own, and AF came without meds!!!  I want to believe it's b/c of the acu, but who knows!  Good Luck to you!
  • Thanks.

I agree. It's easier for them to say, plus I am soooo not the "all natural" girl. I like my coke zero and my wine and loves me some taco bell.

I guess I just wanted to believe a massage could "fix" me. Wouldn't that be good?

Oh well. thanks again. Can't live without this board ;)

• mvp12mvp12 member

I hope it works for you. I went to a chiropractor for a month.  I feel like the chiropractor gave me false hope. He told me I didn't need medication either and OB's and RE are just out to make money.  He claims he helped more women get pg than any doctor could. I decided to quit going to him after that.

I know I have seen a lot of people on here have success with them.

• I'm all for combining eastern and western medicine, but taking medical advice from a chiropractor scares the life out of me. ?I've seen them recommend "natural" products that contain herbs that are known to cause birth defects and/or spontaneous abortions to women they knew were trying to conceive. ?They're great for a adjustments but I don't think I'd use one to assist me in getting pregnant.
  • She sounded more like a fortune teller than a massage therapist/chiropractor.  What's with the whole "souls are aware" thing?  You're almost at the 2 year mark of TTC, so I think it's fair enough to try out treatments at this point.  I don't think you are rushing things at all.  I have heard that the cleanses are great, but I'm not quite sure how they fit into a TTC timeline.  Would doing one before you O jeopardize the O?  Would doing one after you O affect the fertilization/implantation process?  It makes me nervous.  I have heard there are "fertility" massages, but I don't know specifically how they work.  It would be interesting to find out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"