Infertility

Serum hCG vs. Urine hCG?

So, I am 11dpo and got the ever so slightest line.  I mean its seriously faint.  I had to take the test part...but its there.  My beta is tomorrow.  Here is my question......if the line is so faint.....is my hcg somewhere below 50ish (what my brand HPT picks up)...or will my serum hCG be more concentrated and thus a higher number? (if I am indeed pregnant).

I am overanalyzing. I hate this.  I have reached a new low...taking apart tests.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Serum hCG vs. Urine hCG?

• The way I understand it... the hcg in the serum is *slightly* more concentrated than it is in your urine. And you are not alone... I have taken apart many a test in my day. And today I think I reached a new low. I peed on 4 (yes FOUR) tests. What kind of test did you use? Did you use FMU? Could you go and get another test, just for kicks, that is more sensitive?

(yes, I am an official pee pusher)

GL I hope this is it for you! Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • well..this cycle I have used 10 tests.  Its so embarrassing I couldnt post it on FF. I used some to test my trigger out.  This morning, with FMU, I used an EPT early response...with the +/- sign..which I hate.  The vertical line of the + sign was so freakin light...but I could see it. I took the same EPT brand test last night (not FMU) and the line was just as faint as this morning's (with FMU). So, on my way home from work, I went to the $tree store and bought 3 tests.  I just tested and it was there..the line....but seriously its so dull you have to semi-squint.

• Loading the player...
  • I think they say a line is a line, right?!  Congrats... good luck tomorrow! :)
  • thank you, but Im seriously not optimistic.  I fear a c/p................
  • Dude it is soooo early!  Some people don't get lines at all at this point!  I know it is so hard, but just be positive and as my ever positive (and slightly annoying) husband says "Have a little faith!"  :)
  • i know..you are right.  I just want to mentally prepare myself for tomorrow.....I dont want this *line* to automatically mean good news.
  • Good luck! 
  • mvp12mvp12 member
    Good Luck!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!
  • congrats!!! it sounds like you are PG :)

i may be wrong, but i believe that the actual # is the same no matter what... it's just that some HPTs will pick up 15+, some 25+ and some only 50+ whereas the blood test gives you the actual #.  does that make sense? given that most HPTs will only pick up 25+ i would expect your beta tomorrow to be at least 25

congrats again!! so happy for you :)

• FWIW I tested on dollar store tests for three days. They all came up positive, but were super, duper faint. I tested today witha digital got a positive and the beta was 170. So my thinking is that the dollar store tests are a dollar for a reason.....
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"