Multiples
Options

what did you do for a baby shower when you're on bedrest?

I'm on bedrest now at 23wks and I was suppose to have my shower at about 30wks. Did you just postpone the shower until after the babies were born? I have about 60 people to invite so having a shower at my house while I'm on bedrest will not work, too many people to fit in the house.Confused on what to do.

Re: what did you do for a baby shower when you're on bedrest?

• Options
    We had it at my house, and it worked out pretty well - maybe you could do a small shower at your house, for close family, and then do something bigger after the babies come? GL!
  • Options

My mom & MIL threw my shower at 28 weeks -- it was 2 hours away and I was not allowed to leave my house (or bed) so my DH went in my place. :(  My mom felt sorry for me, so she threw another smaller one at my house (with about 10 friends) just so I could have the experience.  My work shower was held after I returned to work (8 weeks after the babies were born). 

Personally I preferred having it before they arrived . . . we needed the baby stuff and I wanted to have as much set up before they were born as possible.  But if you can afford to wait and you'd rather have the experience then I say do what works best for you. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Is there anyone who does have a house that you could have it at that is super close by so you could just take a quick trip in the car (a few miles at most) and just veg on the couch there during the shower?

I had mine at home on bedrest, it was supposed to be an hour away but we changed up the location since I couldn't go that far in the car.  I lounged on the couch and people brought me food and presents.  It was kind of weird but I was glad to still get to have the shower.

I am glad we didn't wait until after the babies because when they were in the NICU I would have been too stressed to enjoy it, and once they came home I was way too busy to have even considered having/going to a shower.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would say it depends on how strict your bedrest is.  Mine was moderate (just needed to stay off my feet) so both my showers were moved to my house.  I had pretty good friends throwing them so they were comfortable in my house setting up, in the kitchen, etc. 

But w/out the room, I'd see if you could have them at someone's house you're really comfy in so you can keep your feet up when needed.

• Options
    I had mine after the babies were born because I was in the hospital for 6 1/2 weeks on bedrest and was too nervous to do it real early. (just me- I worry a lot). Since my girls spent 3 weeks in the NICU I had mine the day they came home. Made for a great day, baby shower then bringing home my babies!
  • Options

i went on bedrest the night before my shower, so i completely missed that shower, but then had a smaller one just at the house.

i would have it before, i think it would be too overwelming to have it once the babies are here, and that way you can start having your stuff ready to go once your babies are here. you will soon learn the power of delegation, since you can't do it yourself

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"