Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Why, Why, Why?

Ok, so today I hate my job.  In the middle of a hearing representing a juvenile defendant who is being shipped to Boy's School... my illustrious client, the ripe old age of 17 says the following:

"And Your Honor, if you do let me have a trial instead, I want a new attorney.  I heard mine was pregnant and I don't wanna be the cause of her losing her baby... I mean look at her, she's stressed".

Ummmm, so on the record I got to say, "I already lost her."  I then fumbled through the rest of the hearing while my client cried.  His mom rung her hands.  The entire court room looked at me like a circus freak and the big, wonderful Sheriff's deputy herded me out with noone around to hug me and tell me I'll make a wonderful mama... and blocked the door so I could cry down the stairs without a continual staring flock of people.

Dammit.

Vent over.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why, Why, Why?

• Oh my goodness I am so sorry you had to go through that.  That is awful!  You must be very strong to have made it through that!  I bet you just wanted to slap him didnt you?

And you will make a wonderful mama,

(((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))

• I'm so sorry you had to go through that and explain everything in front of everyone.  You were incredibly strong to do that!  I hope the rest of your evening gets a little better.  Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh geeze, I'm so sorry! That's just awful! It sounds like you handled it the best way possible. I'm so sorry you had to go through that!
  • Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you had to go through that!  Big hugs!
  • I'm so sorry!  Big hugs to you!!
  • Oh no!  I am so sorry you had to go through that!
  • Oh no, I am so sorry.

::extending my arms to get ready to give you a big hug::

P.S.  I second that you will make a wonderful mamma

• I am so so sorry!! (((hugs)))
  • That is so terrible! I am so sorry. Go get a big bowl of ice cream :) ((HUGS))
  • Holy crap.  That's probably the worst foot in mouth m/c story I have ever heard.  How horrible.  I'm so sorry.  Hugs, and more Hugs!
    jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • OMG Alice I am so so sorry that you had to go through that!!  That is so awful.  I wish we could have been there to hug you so you didn't have to go through that alone.  (((((HUGS)))!!!

I have to be on the stand tomorrow (testifying) for my job and I am completely terrified.  The client is pregnant and so is my attorney.  Both of them have these big gigantic bellies and are around 7 or 8 months or so.  I am so afraid I am going to lose it and run away crying.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"