Infertility
Options

Folic Acid

How much folic acid do you take?  My fertility doctor has me taking 5mg leading up to my first IUI, is this standard? 

I'm just wondering because I noticed that on the prenatal vitamin poll not many of you said you were taking extra folic acid...

TIA

Re: Folic Acid

• Options

if you aren't taking an rx prenatal, then i would say that is normal.  i was told otc prenatals need to be supplemented with additional folic acid b/c they don't have as much as the rx ones.

either way, it can't hurt!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    During my initial meeting w/ RE, she wanted to make sure I was taking 1000mg of Folic Acid.  After running some b/w, it was discoverd my body doesn't break it down properly (or something like that), so she prescribed a higher dose... Folgard.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you're all confused by the dosage.  Standard for folic acid is normally mmg's, not mg.  A precription pnv is the only way to get 1 full mg.  I have MTHFR and I'm taking Folgard with my normal pnv equalling 5mg a day. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"