Pregnant after 35

Concerned about weight gain? Lemme make you feel better!

Are you sitting down?

TWENTY TWO POUNDS SO FAR!

Embarrassed

I had my monthly with my regular OB. They weighed me and I am up 22 lbs. Oh my goodness. Okay I know I am neurotic and get all spastic easily but oddly enough, I am totally at peace with this. Part of the reason is that I didn't exercise or eat right at all in the first tri and put on 16 lbs. I've put on 1 a week in the last 4 weeks- nothing out of control. My doctor isn't concerned in the least. Fortunately, my head is now properly screwed on, I am making good decisions once again (for the most part lol), I am exercising regularly and I am over the whole nausea thing....

So this, dear bump friends, is my gift to you. Your weight gain is nothing Smile

Oh! And the good news is that I got to hear the baby's heart beat. That was cool. I've had several u/s but never experienced the doppler before. Quite an amazing thing we are all blessed enough to be experiencing... :)

Re: Concerned about weight gain? Lemme make you feel better!

• I'm going back tomorrow, and even though I'm ok with my weight gain so far (up about 11 lbs or so i think) and am following the same weight gain pattern as my first two pregnancies, I'm concerned my doctor may give me a hard time...I hope not!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jen, I gave up caring about weight, I haven't gained much so I don't worry, and it's all for a good cause.

Hearing the baby's heart is always a pretty sound, I wish I could record that sound and just play it on my IPod when I have a rough day or whenever it's  something you can never get tired of hearing.  I'am glad your visit went well.

• Loading the player...
  • if it makes you feel any better- I gained 50lbs with my son... and 3 weeks PP without even trying - i had dropped 30lbs of it.... it just melted off.

The other 20 were not as easy- but i also felt like crap for 8+w due to a bad 4th degree tear so it made going on simple walks impossible.....

you'll lose it afterwards... just be as healthy as you can now- and enjoy splurging a bit, too- b/c it's the only time you can without tons of guilt :)  For me it's the LAST time I can - so i'm enjoying things, but not going crazy :)

• As long as your doctor isn't too worried, I guess just take it for what it is. Gaining for your baby. I'm a bit less stressed over weight gain but am not looking forward to possibly weighing more than my slim husband. I'm usually 35 lbs lighter than he is... so it's possible I'll outweigh him. Eek!

And, Gail, it's good to hear that you lost those 30 lbs so quickly. I hope I follow your lead.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I gave up stressing about it a couple of months ago.  I gained between 10-12 pounds in the first tri and that was after eating well and walking.  I am probably up around 20 or so by now.  Bodies metabolize in different ways and when you throw a baby and crazy hormonal changes in the mix...look out.  As long as I can hear that strong heartbeat and know my baby is healthy, that's all that matters to me!  You'll get rid of it once the baby is born and, if it's any consolation, the weight gain does start to slow down the further you get.
  • imageedbetsy1:

Jen, I gave up caring about weight, I haven't gained much so I don't worry, and it's all for a good cause.

Hearing the baby's heart is always a pretty sound, I wish I could record that sound and just play it on my IPod when I have a rough day or whenever it's  something you can never get tired of hearing.  I'am glad your visit went well.

And another thought...my dh recorded the heartbeat on his phone during one of our dr's visits and we transfered it to our computer.  You could try that or bring in a digital recorder.  He told me he listens to it on his phone whenever work gets stressful. 

• Oh my gosh, Jen, what a shock! ?Woo!

?I'm glad you got to hear the heartbeat, yay!?

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Weird story:  my sister told me that they never tell her how much she gained when she goes in for her appointments.  She's a doc at the same hospital so she looked up her chart.  One week the nurse listed her weight at 271 pounds and her height at 2 feet.  The next appointment showed that she'd lost over 100 pounds.  You'd think her OB would notice a 100 pound weight loss in four weeks time Tongue Tied 
  • Oh honey.... I REFUSE to give you the exact numbers... but ...

that's SISSY WEIGHT GAIN!

With my first, i put on 65 POUNDS.

Lost most of it... this time?  I'm up 50 already.    I freaked at the last visit, the doc said "AM I YELLING AT YOU!?   you're having a baby - suck it up lady.   it'll go away."

... says HER. :)

Christine

• We still keep having things in common....i too put on 16 pounds in the 1st tri and I'm dreading to see what it'll be next week!!  Being constantly nauseated and eating bagels to combat that feeling definitely helped towards that weight gain......we will lose it soon.....it'll happen, I have faith!!  Trying not to stress!!
  • imageJens38:
    imageedbetsy1:

Jen, I gave up caring about weight, I haven't gained much so I don't worry, and it's all for a good cause.

And another thought...my dh recorded the heartbeat on his phone during one of our dr's visits and we transfered it to our computer.  You could try that or bring in a digital recorder.  He told me he listens to it on his phone whenever work gets stressful. 

Jens38

Thanks for the tip I would've never thought of that, I guess it's because I'am always caught  talking my dr's ear off that I forget, I will keep that in mind when I go on Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"