Parenting after a Loss
Options

BF ? again

When did your DC start sleeping more?  Allie still eats every 2 hours... all day and night. 

It takes her 30-60 min to eat, then she sleeps for an hour-1.5 hours... then wakes to eat again.  I try my hardest to keep her awake while she is eating, and I listen to hear her swallowing.  I think she is getting full feedings... but I thought her feedings (at least at night) would be a little more spaced out by now.  I have her eat from both breasts at each feeding.

Any advice?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BF ? again

• Options

taylor never ate every 2 hours it was more like 3-4

but at night i give her a 2oz bottle of ebm and she sleeps for 5-6 hours, it really fills her up fast and then i know she is full, i still can't telll when she is full off the boob

• Options
    oh and i started this around 10days old
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That doesn't sound unusual at that age. Around 6 weeks my two started going longer..more like 3 hours instead of 2.25 - 2.5 hours. Hang in there!
  • Options

my lo was just like that. i was exhausted as i'm sure you are.  around two months i called a lc b/c he was still on this schedule.  she suggested stripping him down to his diaper for feedings and doing one breast for about 10 minutes then switching to the other until he was done.  also, if he seemed hungry after two hours i'd try to wait five or so minutes until i fed him.

now he's four months and can go about four hours between feedings during the day, but sometimes he wants a snack after two or three hours.

stick with it, it will get better. it is just so hard right now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"