Infertility

IVF'ers: How many days did you/are you stimming?

My clinic took my first IVF outline off their website so I can't recall how many days I stimmed for my first IVF.  It looks like I'll be stimming at least 10 days this time.  What is the typical amount of time?  I've been taking 250 iu in the a.m. and 150 iu in the evening of Gonal F the last 3 1/2 days and it will switch up to 150 iu of Menopur in the evening until Friday when I stop Gonal F and will replace it with another 150 iu of Menopur. 

Also...anyone take Dexamethasone?  If so, what were your side effects?

Thanks Ladies!

DX: Severe MFI (very low motility) in 2006. 2 IVF's and 1 FET ended in 3 losses. Adopted our baby girl born 10/2/10. FET March 2012= c/p. Officially done with fertIlity treatments. Plan to start adoption process again 2014/2015.

Re: IVF'ers: How many days did you/are you stimming?

• I stimmed for 8 days for #1 and 9 days for #1.

Dexamethasone = no side effects for me.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • #1 10 days, #2 11 days
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I stimmed for 10 days with 375iu of Gonal-F and 75iu Menopur.

No dexamethasone for me.

Good luck!!?

• epphdepphd member
    I stimmed for 8 days three tims, and 9 days one time.  My donor just stimmed 10 days.  I think 10 is pretty average give or take a day or two, but longer is not "bad." You shouldn't have any side effects from the dexamethasone - it's just a steroid that will help your body accept the embie(s). GL!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • I stimmed for 10days. The first 5days were 300iu GonalF a.m. and 150iu Menopur p.m. The next 3days were 225iu GonalF a.m and 150iu GonalF p.m. The last 2days were 150iu GonalF a.m. and 75iu GonalF p.m. I didn't take Dexamethasone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"