Pregnant after 35
Options

Ok, my first rant ......

People really should learn to keep their mouths shut ... like soldered shut!

I work with a woman who keeps wanting to rub my belly, ok fine, I'm not exactly a fan, but whatever, if it makes her day, i'll be nice (ahem-as nice as I can be) but then she talks about getting paralyzed after an epidural and how the baby will bite my nipple when breastfeeding and when I had that bad cold 2 wks ago, she said for me to be careful 'cuz it could affect the baby's brain... blah, blah, blah.  My close co-workers are shocked that I haven't even slapped her yet, but I try to laugh it off and not get too upset 'cuz well, some people are just born stupid.

Then this weekend, I went to this Tea Parlor/Shop to get info for a small gathering of friends for a luncheon/baby shower thingie. The manager there asked if I was having a girl and I said no it was a boy,  then she said "No honey it's a girl, you're carrying too high to be having a boy"  I was like, ok trust me woman I'm having a boy, I saw his little doo-hickey. She then proceeded to tell me this story about how she knew someone that saw their little thingie too and it came out a girl! and proceeded for like 20 minutes...  Of course now I'm all upset.....

damn! gotta call the doc for another ultrasound.

Is it me or is it the hormones?  Ok rant over, thanks for listening ... ahhhh, feel much better now   :o)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ok, my first rant ......

• Options

I both look forward to and dread the day I am obviously pregnant, because I am not very good at dealing with intrusive strangers or near-strangers.  I'm worse with unsolicited "advice."  I'd be irritated, it's not just you!

Also:  "Mrowr!  FFt FFt!"

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Oh honey- that made me just LAUGH... With my first?   I didn't have an amnio, or CVS , so it was the ultrasound tech who said - yep its a girl.

I DIDN'T BELIEVE HER and paid $400 for a "3d ultrasound" to double check.

I was sure DH was going to have my head.  

Listen- usually, when folks do that to me?   I say things like "oh - well, it doesn't really matter.  With the amount of alcohol and weed I've been drinking and doing?   What ever it is - it's going to be all screwed up anyway.   Excuse me" and walk away with a straight face.

... IF you can do it?  IT'S HYSTERICAL to see their reaction.   They won't bother you again. :)

Try not to sweat them ... let them think they know everything and YOU get to keep the gorgeous baby!

Christine

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageChristineNYC:

Listen- usually, when folks do that to me?   I say things like "oh - well, it doesn't really matter.  With the amount of alcohol and weed I've been drinking and doing?   What ever it is - it's going to be all screwed up anyway.   Excuse me" and walk away with a straight face.

... IF you can do it?  IT'S HYSTERICAL to see their reaction.   They won't bother you again. :)

LMAO!!!  I am sooo using that line .....

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aren't people just scary?
  • Options

Busy,

Rant away... your coworker sounds like a joy. And that's me being kind when I really want to say a sandwich shy of a picnic because who says those things to a pregnant woman?

And I think as long as you had your ultrasound closer to 20 weeks, seeing your baby's little doo-hickey is proof positive that he's a boy. I'm not doubting that my little one is a boy?it was definitely a penis and I don't think that will change. I don't think your boy's will either.

(((HUGS)))

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    I hear you, it' s so annoying. I am really not into the touching, I have been tolerating it but I think it may be time for me to cut the weird ones off. The unsolicited advice and stories are usually really annoying too. If one more person warns me about the lead paint in our old house I am going to smack them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

"a sandwich shy of a picnic"

BWHAHAHAHA!!

Okay now, i'm using THAT.

• Options
    When asked by an acquaintance if I am expecting a boy or a girl, and I told her a girl she told me "I knew it because girls always steal their mother's beauty!!" Um, did she think about that before she said it?! So apparently, in addition to being an "elderly" pregnant woman, I am also hideous. Awesome!   I would never say anything even remotely disparaging to a pregnant woman..being the radical feminist that I am, I rarely ever say anything overtly rude to any female for that matter! I think people just do not think before speaking.
  • Options

Oh my Lord Kandie! that's just plain rude.....and I agree, I would never say such a thing to anyone for that matter, everybody is fighting a different battle every day and I just try to remember that when I meet or speak to someone.

and BTW - you're beautiful !!!  :o)

• Options

I am constantly amazed at the levels of idiocy in people.  I am dreading the first encounter I will have with one of those freaks because I have no filter when it comes to dealing with stupid.

Oh and I swear I will punch the first wacko who tries to rub my belly.  Um, last time I checked, I was a human being - NOT a genie lamp. 

Rant away sistah - we are all here for you!

Michele

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"