Parenting after a Loss
Options

Best baby diapers? Bottles?

My friend that is a nurse suggested Advent baby bottles and nothing but Pampers for diapering. Another friend swears by Playtex bottles. What did you use and have success with?
Our angel is in heaven 12/12/08
BFP 2/25/09
HCG 3/6=518 3/8=1230
1st Ultrasound 3/18 FHR=103
2nd U/S 3/20 FHR=118!!
3rd U/S 4/1 FHR=169 :)
BIG U/S 5/22=IT'S A BOY! FHR-148
DS Born October 30, 2009
BFP 5/27/11 Stick baby, stick!
HCG 5/31=140 P=9 HCG 6/2=292 P=11
1ST Ultrasound 6/15 FHR=109!!
U/S 8/18=IT'S A BOY! FHR-141 :)
DS Born January 20, 2012
BFP 5/27/13 EDD 2-5-14
U/S 8/17 FRH-141 It's a boy!!

Re: Best baby diapers? Bottles?

• Options

Diapers are tricky and vary from child to child....overall we use Pampers because they work the best on both of them.  LUVS work great on Ben but not Kate and Huggies work well for Kate but not Ben. 

We use Dr. Brown's bottles and love them.

• Options
    i like pampers better than huggies... But like PP said.. I am sure this varies from baby to baby/ mom to mom... 
    As for bottles.. the only ones we really use are the First Years Breastflow bottles.  They are kind of hard to find though. Some BRU have them..but not all of them..They work well for her... they aren't too fast a flow.. and she has to use a sucking motion similar to the breast. I tried a playtex drop in bottle with her last week and she wouldn't take it.. It was like she didnt know what to do with it.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For diapers, we only use Pampers.  I never tried any others bc of the negative things Iheard avout them..I would rather not experience those so I'm sticking with Pampers!  LOL!

Bottles...we use Dr. Browns and also Playtex drop ins. A friend gave us a dr. Browns to try,  Connor ended up liking them and so we just went with it.  As for the drop ins, I got a ton for free so we tried them and I'll use them till they are gone. 

• Options

We use Pampers. I have liked them the best.

For bottles we use Playtex drop-ins, Dr. Browns, and Born Frees. I have liked all of them. Harrison will take any of them. The only problem we had with Harrison not taking a bottle well is when we used the silicone nipple that came with the Playtex drop-ins nurser set. Harrison only likes the latex playtex nipples. Go figure

• Options

I'm cheap.  Probably the cheapest mommy on this board.  The Target store brand diapers work well enough for DS so I stick with them.  DS was fine with the Evenflo cheapie basic bottles ("classic", I believe they are called) so we never tried anything else.  He's a little piggy and doesn't really care how he gets his food!

Would I like to use Pampers?  Sure. They smell pretty and remind me of those early days in the hospital with DS.  But they cost twice as much as the generics and I can't say they work any better.

In regards to bottles, this is a bit trickier because air that gets through can cause gas and gas = cranky baby.  You do have to try some until you find what works.  I work, so I have to make bottles for DS/daycare and clean them and my pump accessories at night when I get home.  I couldn't see getting complicated bottles with lots of parts when DS didn't need them just so I could say I used "blah blah blah" brand...I used Avent with DD 4 years ago, but only because I got a bunch of them for free because Motherhood used to give them to you when you bought something.  They were OK.

• Options
    pampers and avent bottles here
  • Options
    With DD we started w/ pampers and when she was a bit older, we switched to the Target brand. IMO they are pretty good for the price. We'll do the same w/ DS as long as they work. I figure, if the cheaper ones work (don't leak, bother baby, etc) why waste your money on something they are just going to pee and poop in. As for bottles, DD would take basically anything you gave her, she wasn't picky at all. DS is a different story. We started w/ the evenflo glass bottles, and he liked them at first, then wouldn't take them. We tried Ventaire, Nuk, and Avent...he was having none of it. We tried the drop-ins and he really likes those so far, I just bought more today. He also seems to like the MAM bottles too...and takes that kind of paci. it's more about seeing which they like best. My advice is to buy one of each kind of bottle....don't buy a pack until you know whether they like it. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"