Secondary IF

Can you take anitbiotics while PG?

I am 9dpiui, so in the 2ww, and came down with what I think is strep throat. I was running a temp of 101 and was taking tylenol for the last 2 days. I am going to the Dr. today but was wondering if there is any anitbiotics they can give me if I am potentially pg?

Also, do you think having a fever ruined my chances of a BFP?

My Blog
DD #1 {04-19-2004}
Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
DD #2 {12-31-2009}
2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice

Re: Can you take anitbiotics while PG?

• I don't know if the fever affected your chances, but there are antibiotics that are safe during pg.
  • Yes.  Let your doctor know you are in the 2ww.  I get sinus infections all the time being pregnant and they prescribe the Zpak I think it is called for me (I am allergic to penicillin.

PS: I HOPE YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, there are some you can take. Just make sure you tell your doctor that you could be pregnant. Oh I hope you feel better, and no, I doubt the flu would effect your chances. Good luck!
  • Well I just got back and I do have strep throat and they gave me amoxicillian, they said that was safe to take.
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"