Blended Families
Options

How do you ladies

deal with the drama and BS???

DH & I have been together for 5 years, married almost 1 year, so it's not like this is the first time I've had to deal with the drama.  Yesterday DH had to go to court, because BM wants more support.  Very long story short... *** back fired on her and didn't go her way.

Well she has a new boyfriend, who she lets run her life (which is nothing new with her).  DH has gotten numerous harassing texts,emails and phone calls from the bf.  Well of course since things didn't go BMs way yesterday DH got another harassing email from the bf.

DH is calling his lawyer this morning, cause this *** is just getting old.  But how do you ladies deal with this bullsh!t?!  I've already had to call the cops on the bf because he's come up to me screaming and threatening me last July.  I told DH last night I'm teriffied that he will try to do something.  I'm 15 weeks pregnant and I'm just having a hard time dealing with the stress.  I usually just let it roll off my back, because it just shows how immature they are.... but this time I just can't seem to let it go.  Maybe I'll feel better after DH has talked to his lawyer. 

Re: How do you ladies

• Options
    I ignore it. If it builds to a breaking point, i vent here, and move on.

But the ignore button in my brain gets a LOT of use.
  • Options
    ARussARuss member
    That's what I do too, because like I said it just shows how immature they really are. But this time it's really bothering me and DH is really stressed about it.  I'm just tired of the drama!  BM and bf are 10 and 8 years older than me, and they act like a bunch of 8th graders.  Man, and I thought the BS was over when I left high school..... guess it only gets worse!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    how to deal, how to deal...well I vent a lot...to friends and family and to this board! There isn't much you can do really. This boyfriend might not be around forever, so take a little solice in the fact BM isn't married to this loser. Keep documenting things that happen, don't answer or reply to his texts, this isn't his business really, so just don't react to him. Call the cops if he shows up at your house or work or wherever, and keep your lawyer informed. Our lawyer was able to get BM to stop sending me nasty and threatening emails/texts, maybe your lawyer can do the same. Good luck!
  • Options

After 8 years of all of this (4 of which we have been married) I will tell you that it doesn't get easier... you just grow a thicker skin... and like your mom told you in high school, the more you ignore it the crazier it makes them.

Just remember to talk it out with your DH - in the beginning I took out a lot of the frustration on him.. and after we sat down and talked about it and realized we were both in the same boat, it helped! Now we try to laugh about the mess that BM gets herself into and the ways that she tries to get back at us - pretty funny if you look at it that way.

Take care of yourself, the baby and your marriage.. and be prepared that the pregnancy seems to make more of the BM/BF drama come out.. smile and bear it (and document the HELL out of it)... remember karma is a B*TCH and this crap does come around in the long run.

Good luck... venting here has helped tremendously

• Options
    ARussARuss member
    Thanks for all the replies!! I do try to ignore it the best I can... it just gets hard sometimes.  I have completely realized that it just makes BM even more mad when we ignore it and show it doesn't bother us and that we don't care.  Thanks again! I think I'm going to be visiting this board more often. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"