Parenting after a Loss
Options

the "boobie monster"

have you ever seen the cookie monster going nuts atacking a plte of cookies?  well my dd at times like to attack my boob like that and wont latch on.  her head just shaking around like crazy.  usually tends to happen a little later on in the feeding or in the evening.  in the end she ends up crying because she gets frustrated.  anyone else experience this?  any advice?

Re: the "boobie monster"

• Options
    Now that is a funny description!!!  No help here, but Lilly does that in my arm when she's overtired.
  • Options
    OMG that is seriously the best description ever.....I laughed so loud that I scared Ben a little.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh.. this is totally true! One of my friends called it a "Crazed dodo bird".. DD does this all the time time..
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    My DD does it too! No advice but glad to hear others experience it!
  • Options
    I LOL at your description because I think I know just what you mean as far as the shaking head goes...it's kind of funny. I think what adds to our "boobie monster" is that his hands go crazy grabbing and pulling at me. It's funny. I notice the grabbing and wagging head a lot when he has a burp stuck, like it hurts and he doesn't know what to do (let go and get it out, or keep eating).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Phew, I thought just my child was a little crazy!! She just started doing this the other day.  She olny does it on one side, the side that the milk comes out more forcefully and I think she's overwhelmed.  So far I've found that either trying to burp her and/or changing positions, from the cradle hold to the football hold usually does the trick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"