Georgia Babies
Options

Ladies who use Loestrin® 24 Fe

So I've been taking it for 4 cycles now.  My periods are obviously shorter than a regular pill, lasting about 1.5-2 days max.  Except for this last month.  Virtually no bleeding, and (TMI) not even enough to fill one tampon.  I've bled more with a nosebleed.  I'm not complaining, but have always had a "regular" period while on the pill.  Anyone else have this same experience with this particular pill? 

Re: Ladies who use Loestrin® 24 Fe

• Options
    I was on Loestrin a couple of years ago and the same thing happened.  It concerned me to the point where I asked for a different pill.  I know most people like a very light or no period but I hated it because it was so light or nonexistant it could give you the indication that you are pregnant.  I need sure indication every month that I'm not pregnant especially if we are not TTC.
  • Options
    I took this pill for a few months and I got one period on it that you really couldn't call a period, but that's what it was. My dr says that Loestrin markets itself as a pill that will give you little or no period. I hated that pill b/c of that and it also made me retain insane amounts of water weight. I was then put on Yaz which was ok but I am giving Nuva ring a try next month. I hope I like this one.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I took it for many years with no problems. Some months I'd have AF for 1-2 days, others it was 3-5 days.

I'm now on Lybrel because of another issue. NO periods to deal with at all!

• Options
    Thanks ladies.  As I've done a bit of reading on this, apparently this is "normal" with this pill.  Whew!
  • Options

imagemissmlp:
    I know most people like a very light or no period but I hated it because it was so light or nonexistant it could give you the indication that you are pregnant.  I need sure indication every month that I'm not pregnant especially if we are not TTC.

You said it Michelle. I jokinly told my OB that he shouldn't give pills that make you 'skip' periods to post partum women. I POAS a lot even though I was on that pill, talk about paranoia! The first month on that pill I totally called the nurse freaking out that I was on BC and 10 days 'late' that was an ineresting conversation, LOL.

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

That's what I just got off of - well the 28 day version.  Was on that BC for 10+ years.  For the longest time I didn't have a period - of course in my early 20's did not care.  It later started back up, but very light.  So totally normal. 

• Options

This is what I was put on after I had Jack.  It gave me little to no period, but I went two months having break-thru bleading.  On the 15th day after I started the new pack, I'd have bleeding for a few days.  I stopped taking the pill about a month ago.  I hated not having a period, the break-thru bleeding, and the overall crappy way it made me feel.  I've never had good luck with bcp.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doc warned me about this and said for most women they only have a dot!  I just finished my first pack of pills and I got NOTHING!  Part of me is thrilled and the other part is thinking I'm going to be spending a lot of money on uneccessary peesticks!!!

• Options

I was on it for a couple of years too and my periods were so small. I liked that part of the pills but when I started TTC then it worried me not seeing a period. Now I am on Orth-Tri because I wanted to be sure I had a period in case we want to try for # 2 in the future.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"