Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Vacation ideas with a 1-year-old?

Hi ladies of Dallas and Fort Worth!  Do any of you have good suggestions for a vacation with a 1-year-old?  I'm open to nearby driving distance options as well as those requiring a plane flight.  I'm coming off the end of tax season and starting to feel desperate for a break and I'd love to be able to "get away" with my hubby and my DD. 

TIA!

Re: Vacation ideas with a 1-year-old?

• anything beach related is always fun :-) Texas Coast, FL, or CA. We go to CA several times a year- my dad has a place on the coast and its always fun when we take Mason and my niece. We always make a trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific- places like that are just awesome for little ones :-)?

I guess when I think vacation- I immediately think Beach! haha?

Gavin & April married 6.26.04
  • Ditto pp. ?We're taking Taylor to S. Padre just so we can get to the beach. ?She will be 13 mos at the time. ?Short flight, cheap and fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We're going to S. Padre with Jack and my family this summer .. he will be just over a year old  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• We're thinking about Padre too, we've got a companion-fly-free ticket that we need to use.  If we do go I'm kind of hoping that T is beyond the "eat anything" stage so I'm not constantly digging sand out of her mouth.  ;)
  • I've never been to S Padre, that sounds like fun!  I'd love to get to a beach.  Do you all use one of those tent things to help keep DC out of the sun or just rely upon frequent applications of a good sunscreen?  Are there other things to see and do there that are toddler-friendly or is it primarily hanging out on the beach (which is definitely okay)?  Also, where do you usually stay there?
  • imagemaxwellsooner:
    I've never been to S Padre, that sounds like fun!  I'd love to get to a beach.  Do you all use one of those tent things to help keep DC out of the sun or just rely upon frequent applications of a good sunscreen?  Are there other things to see and do there that are toddler-friendly or is it primarily hanging out on the beach (which is definitely okay)?  Also, where do you usually stay there?

We do have a baby cabana that we'll use on the beach. We are going mainly to 'hang out on the beach', but there is also a turtle rescue/small aquarium, boating trips, Schilitterbaun, shopping etc. to do as well. May parents have a Hilton/RCI timeshare, so we're staying for free with them at the Inverness condos ... you might want to check out www.tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews and recommendations  :)

HTH!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• We are going to San Diego this summer for DH's family reunion. We are going to the beach and taking DD to the zoo while we are there.
    I get burned like nobody's business, so we will probably go to the beach before 10 or after 4 and rely on sunscreen. (I realize that doesn't leave a lot of beach time, but you do what you gotta do.) DD moves around way too much right now to keep her under a tent.
  • Ditto...San Diego!! We went last summer at the end of August and the weather was perfect. It was never too hot and in the evenings it was just cool enough for a light jacket. DS was only 4 months and we still had a great time. The zoo was awesome and we stayed on Coronado which was absolutely beautiful!! We wanted to go to Sea World but ran out of time.

The only con is the time difference. I had a little bit of trouble getting DS back on his schedule once we got home.

• I'm jealous of you girls that are going to San Diego. ?DH and I went right before I got pg, and LOVED it. Seriously, that place is perfect. ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"