Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Question from a TTTCer

Hey ladies, I hope you don't mind my posting over here.  I'm usually on the Trouble TTC board.  I have just finished my first IVF and have been getting positive HPT's since Friday (6dp5dt).  I started bleeding on Sunday but have still been getting positive HPT's.  I had my first beta today and it came in at 47.  I'm worried about the number being low especially since I've been getting the positive HPT's for 5 days now.  Do you think this could be a chemical pregnancy?  I've had one miscarriage in the past but it was at the 6 week mark and the bleeding was different than it is now. 

Anyway, I guess I'm just grasping straws and was hoping you might be able to give me some insight into a chemical pregnancy.

TIA!

Re: Question from a TTTCer

• Do your dr's know that you are bleeding? Since your betas are at 47 that is why you are getting a + test. But the ? is, will they double over the next 48-72 hours.  Good luck to you.  Im not sure what 6dp5dt means so im not sure how many day past ivf you are, like days past ovulation.

• imageKristin&Kevin:

Do your dr's know that you are bleeding? Since your betas are at 47 that is why you are getting a + test. But the ? is, will they double over the next 48-72 hours.  Good luck to you.  Im not sure what 6dp5dt means so im not sure how many day past ivf you are, like days past ovulation.

Yes, they know.  They say it can be normal but I'm still worried.  6dp5dt means 6 days past a 5 day embryo transfer.  My retrieval (ovulation) was on 3/16 so I would be 15 days past ovulation.  I go back on Thursday for another beta to see if it doubles but am really worried it won't.  

• Loading the player...
  • First, I would call your doctor right away.  Second, when is AF due???  Good luck to you!  I wish you the best!!!
  • go to betabase.info. those #s seem a little low. But you never know. GL! Mine were 40 at 14dpo but there might have been a problem even then.
  • I would be a little concerned just because you have been getting positive pg tests for a few days now.  It is possible though if the test was very sensitive.  Also, maybe you are just a slow riser?  The important part will be if your beta goes up over the next few days.
  • Ladies, thank you for your advice.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens on Thursday. 
  • 47 is NOT LOW. Is it light bleeding?  I had light bleeding at about the same time and it was totally normal....I did end up miscarrying 6-8 weeks later, but it had nothing to do with that bleeding.  Spotting can be quite normal.  GL and Congrats!
    7 mm/c
    APS, hetero factor v leiden & MTHFR
    bfp #1 - 12.11.07, edd 8.14.08, mm/c 1.21.08 (10w4d)
    bfp #2 - 4.4.08, edd 12.3.08, mm/c 5.14.08 (11w)
    bfp #3 - 8.3.08, edd 4.15.09, mm/c 9.17.08 (10w)
    bfp #4 - 1.15.09, edd 9.26.09, mm/c 2.16.09 (8w2d)
    bfp #5 - 6.16.09, edd 2.25.10, mm/c 7.23.09 (9w)
    bfp #6 - 8.12.10, edd 4.27.11, mm/c 9.16.10 (8w1d)
    one more try -> bfp #7 - 2.11, our miracle baby boy arrived 10.11
    ttc again -> bfp #8 - 5.3.13, edd 1.13.14, mm/c 5.30.13 (7w3d)
    bfp #9 - 9.23.13, our miracle baby girl arrived 5.29.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"