Pregnant after 35

Everything is just fine!

Another appointment notch in my datebook!

?My initial bloodwork was all peachy, and I have only one thing niggling at the corner of my brain... ?My periantologist seemed to think I was less than twelve weeks after firing up the ultrasound, but his measurements came up perfectly on-target for 12 weeks. ?He measured twice to make sure, then spent some time looking around in there. ?I am guessing he was checking out the landscape, seeing if my fibroids were under control. or something.

?He's a cheerful guy, but his expression is usually carefully inscrutable when it comes to the ultrasound machine. ?I asked him if anything was up and he said "Oh, no, just looking around." ?Naturally I am now worried that something *is* up. ?Guess I'll find out at my NT scan on Thursday.?

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Everything is just fine!

• That's great! I know what you mean about second-guessing them, it's natural to worry but it's good he's being thorough. I felt so anxious and exited leading up to the NT, and so much more confident after. Good luck on Thursday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Woo hoo!  So happy all is well :)  Keep us posted about Thursday!!

Christine

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so happy that all is well in there....my OB spent a bit of time checking everything out as well during my first u/s!!  Keep us posted on Thursday!!
  • So glad it all went well!
  • great to hear all is well, let us know what happens Thurs
  • Good to hear, Pepper.

And if I might be so bold.. tell me a bit about your fibroids.  I have two of them, but they're not really a problem.  At least that's what I keep telling myself.  One's high and one's low and they're both on the outside.  But one is pretty good sized.. maybe an 8 cm or so.  (They're so damn hard to accurately measure--once the tech thought it had actually dropped to a 2... yeah, likely!)

Except for the fact that the peanut is hiding behind one of them every time we do a vag U/S.  Which is actually okay--gives the U/S tech the excuse not to stick that damn thing in every time I see her.

• I have four. ?They started as two medium, one small, and one teeny, sort of spread around. ?The mediums were 2cmish. ?I don't know where they are now, the doctor didn't give me measurements, but I thought the risks for me were that they might grow and make it crowded in there.

?I think that may have been what he was doing. ?Maybe it is starting to get a little crowded in there, and that's what's making him think the baby is smaller than it is.?

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thanks Pepper.. .that's a little reassuring that other people are pregnant and have fibroids and aren't sweating it too much, either.   They're there... oh well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"