North Carolina Babies
Options

Positive feedback re: extended RF

I was at daycare yesterday picking Eli up, and one of the other moms from his class was coming out at the same time and we were talking (we're semi-close).  We got to my car first, and I opened the door to put him in, and she said "oh, you're such a good mom for keeping him RF".  It made me smile.  She has done the research, but turned her DD at 1 year, which is totally none of my beeswax.  We get along really well and have similar parenting styles, so it made me feel good to get the positve comment from her.  Especially when so many people look at you crazy most of the time.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Positive feedback re: extended RF

• Options
    My acronym tranlator is broken today. What is RF again?  Rabies free? I joke, I joke...but seriously what does RF mean for real?
  • Options
    Sorry, rear facing.  Keeping the baby rear facing after 1 year. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Good for you Mikey!!

At 19 months dd is still RF... my mom thinks we are crazy (and mean) but the last time she was weighed she still wasn't 20lbs! I think by now she is about 20 but I am not going to weigh her. I feel so much safer with her RF.

• Options
    imagesms297:

Good for you Mikey!!

At 19 months dd is still RF... my mom thinks we are crazy (and mean) but the last time she was weighed she still wasn't 20lbs! I think by now she is about 20 but I am not going to weigh her. I feel so much safer with her RF.

DS was 21 lb at his 1 year appt, and is 23 lb now, so he's big enough.  But for the most part he does pretty good back there, so I'm going to leave him that way as long as I can.  I think we'll probably end up turning him the first time we take a long trip this summer.

• Options

Brooks is still RF at 20 months.

He's 28+ pounds (at least weigh in) and tall for his age. My mom HATEs that he is RF and always gives me grief about it (as do some other parents). But I think it's worth it to know that he's safer.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    I just googled it to find out the reasons for keeping them rear facing (I hadn't really given it much thought yet since Liam is neither 1 year or 20 lbs yet) but I think I will follow your example and keep Liam rear facing for a while longer.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagecrescentmoon99:
    I just googled it to find out the reasons for keeping them rear facing (I hadn't really given it much thought yet since Liam is neither 1 year or 20 lbs yet) but I think I will follow your example and keep Liam rear facing for a while longer.

There are some girls on the toddler board that have some really good links about it, if you really want to do some research.  I just figure it is safer, and if he's not giving me any trouble, then why switch?  I don't have a specific goal, just as long as it's working.  And Eli's tall, but he just crosses his legs and doesn't seem to mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"