Multiples
Options

XP: back from OB - hanging in there & going for the gold!

it seems that whatever i was feeling yesterday was probably related to further effacement, b/c i am now 80% effaced, but still only 1cm dilated.  BP looks good, weight is leveling off again (up 1/2 lb this week).  the dr. was very encouraging, and still thinks we can make it 9 more days to the scheduled c/s on 4/9.

i have mixed feelings - mostly just gratitude to be where i am, almost full term!!  i really did not think i could get this far, and i am SO thankful.  it's just that between the sleeping in a recliner and not getting much sleep to begin with, the pubic bone disaster, the now basically dislocated hips, the back pain, the beginnings of what looks like PUPPS, the several-times-daily nosebleeds and coughing up blood... it has sort of caught up to me ;)  and part of me was really excited that i might be going into labor yesterday and about to meet my babies!!

BUT.  i can do this for 9 more days.  i can SO do this... right??

thanks as always for your support ladies.  you're the best!! :)

ETA: i seriously cannot overstate the gratitude i feel at having full term babies (assuming 3 more days, and even if they came today to have gotten this far is amazing ;)  the babies' development and growth is by FAR the most important thing to me.  the physical crap has all been well worth it!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com

Re: XP: back from OB - hanging in there & going for the gold!

• Options
    You've gotten this far...you can do it!
  • Options
    Woo hoo you are almost there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You are almost there!  You can do it! 

Just think in just a few days, your babies will be here & hopefully your body can begin to heal! 

• Options
    I remember how much those last two weeks sucked.  You have done so great so far and only have 9 more days left - you can do it ;)  Try and do something nice for yourself over the next 9 days because once the babies are here it will be so hard to find time for yourself.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Aubrey & Anthony
  • Options

You can so do it!

?

Go splurge and get yourself a pregnancy massage--from someone who knows what they're doing. ?I had one at 35 weeks I think and it was HEAVENLY. ?

?

I second the self time--go see movies, eat out, take bubble baths. :)?

• Options
    Yay! I'm right behind you!
  • Options
    You can do 9 more days!  Way to go being almost full term!!!
  • Options
    Wow, 9 days!!! You can do it!  I hear you on the discomfort, and I'm sorry you're dealing with it.  Rest up now, and know that you did a wonderful job keeping those babies cooking through everything!
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

You can so do this for 9 more days. 

One thing you might want to consider doing is scheduling something for each of the next 9 days.  For example, one day go get a pedicure, one day make a first easter basket for the kiddos, one day buy any birthday cards you will need to send out to family and friends in the next two months, one day fancy dinner with DH.  Stuff like that that you don't NEED to have done before the babies arrive but that would be nice to do, so that mentally you can tell yourself that you need to make it to the next day so that you can do whatever is that day's special activity.

• Options

you have made it further than i did with my singleton!! you are doing awesome and can certainly make it 9 more days - b/c you rock!!!!!!

cook 'em up big and strong!!!!!!!

• Options

congrats...i'm right there with you...WE;ve made it.

planning to deliver on MOnday...6 more days!

• Options
    GREAT JOB Gretchen!!! Hang in there, I felt the exact same way youd did at the end..only I didnt make it to my c-section date...actually delivered right where you are now (36w4d) Wink
  • Options
    thanks so much for the support and encouragement you guys!!! :)  i am so excited that this is going to happen so SOON!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
  • Options
    as a preemie mom, i love how you said what you said...you are amazing and you can do it!!!
  • Options
    Wow, that is so awesome that you have come this far!  I totally understand all of the physical issues and being SO ready to be done with them.  But I want to keep the babies in as long as possible so they can be as healthy as possible.  You can do it...think of how long you've been doing it so far...over 36 weeks, 9 days is nothing!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"