Secondary IF

In the spirit of the Get To Know You posts - hopes and dreams

If there was one place in the world you would like to travel to, where would it be?

What would your dream job / career be?

If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would do?

And GO! 

Re: In the spirit of the Get To Know You posts - hopes and dreams

• - Italy

- SAHM :) and to actually be paid to paint murals in peoples homes on the side...and other crafty stuff.

- Quit my job!  :)

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • If there was one place in the world you would like to travel to, where would it be?  Rome.  Definitely Rome.

What would your dream job / career be?  I always dreamed of being a doctor.  Of course I can't do math worth a damn so that was out :)

If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would do?  Go to RomeBig Smile or maybe a deserted island somewhere just to bake on the golden sand with little waves lapping at my newly pedicured toes..... 

• Loading the player...
  • ~Israel and Egypt... b/c of safety we have been reluctant to go.

~I dunno, I have loved most of my jobs a lot and I love my current one.  I guess all I could wish for is a better boss and maybe 6 or 7 figures Wink

~I would go and fix my parents home.  They live in squalor and the place is falling apart.  It breaks my heart they won't let me do more than a couple of improvements every year (this year we replaced 6 broken windows and repaired the roof).

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Oh Josi, I LOVE your deserted island for a week idea... I could use that!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Australia!

Hmmm.... probably what pp said, SAHM :)

I would travel with my family, buy a snazzy car, pay off debts, lol. Buy a bigger house.

• South America-mainly Costa Rica and Galapagos Islands

Dream job?? I really don't see any kind of work as a dream. I'd much rather travel the world. So maybe my dream job would be to review hotels.?

If I won the lottery, we would go on a month long family vacation. Then we would buy a house in Chicago so that we could live there part time and in Oregon part time. Oh and all this would be after DH quit his job...assuming we are talking about crazy money winnings.?

?

?

• As previously stated, i would love to go to Egypt but it does present some travel concerns

Not sure about my dream job.....i really like the one that i have now.  Maybe working only 2 days a week and having one day to do some artsy fartsy job...since I love doing creative things and having more time to spend with DD

I would buy myself a child somehow....either through more IVF cycles or through adoption.  I would also buy some IVF cycles for a few of my friends who can't afford to pursue anymore treatments....namely roaringrock (i just promised this to her the other day..lol). 

• I have always wanted to see penguins in the wild, so I think I would go to Antarctica (only because I would never really do it.)

My drea job would be to be a book reviewer.  Just reading books and telling people if I like the or not - heaven!

Lottery - Hmmm - I think we would take a couple of weeks to travel around - and depending on the amount of winnings, I think my DH would quit his job.  Long term - I would love to have professional organizers come to my house and help me sort through our stuff - we both have some pack rat tendencies. Stick out tongue

• 1. Greece

2. I actually like my job, just wish I could do it less - I'd love to cut back to 3 days a week or do a couple of days from home and a couple in the office.  Otherwise I like the pp's suggestion of being a book reviewer - I'm always reading something and would love to get paid for it :-)

3. Quit my job and buy a second home north of Boston so we could spend more time near my family.  I would also pay for my parents to re-do their house for my Mom to enjoy now that she's finally retiring. 

• -There is not just once place. The top of my list right now is Australia/ New Zealand though.

- I would be a travel writer/have my own travel show ala Rick Steves. I'm so jealous of that man! Either that or I'd still teach, I'd just be in a better school with less punks.

- Go on a really long vacation to somewhere with lots of sand!

• Italy

Volunteer at a battered woman's shelter/SAHM

I would buy myself a new car

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • I'd go to Arles, France with my DH & DD

Dream job - I really dunno.  I love what I do for the most part, but I always wanted to be a lawyer.

If I won the lottery (we're talking big bucks, right??), I'd pay off my house, my mom's house, and my mom's restaurant.  Buy my bro & SIL's house in KS so they could buy one here (or maybe just buy them the house across the street from me).   Replace all the carpet in our house, remodel the master bath, buy new cars, pay back my FIL all the money we owe him and pay off his properties.  Put money away for my nieces' college fund.  Put money in an annuity for my mom so she doesn't have to work forever.  Buy my MIL a place somewhere warm so her arthritis doesn't hurt so much.  Pay off my Aunt's house so she can move in with her BF.  Buy plane tickets so either my mom can come here, or we can go see her once a month.  Cut back my hours at work to PT.

OK, enough rambling.  There's alot of things I'd do.

• If there was one place in the world you would like to travel to, where would it be?  Italy or Hawaii.  I am dying to travel to both.

What would your dream job / career be?  If talent was not a question (ha!), I would love to be a singer/performer.  Otherwise, I'd love to own my own bookstore/coffee shop.

If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would do?  Pay off my mortgage and loans.

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"