North Carolina Babies

Book or gut- discipline question

Do you read books on disciplining your toddler or do you just go with your gut?Or in the future do you plan to go with your gut or read books?  If you have read books, please tell me which book(s).  I think we are doing a pretty good job but sometimes I doubt myself and our dicpline techniques. So far we have just gone with our gut.  I don't think ds is a bad child by any means but my mother makes me feel like I see things through rose colored glasses.

Re: Book or gut- discipline question

• I go with my gut.  When we are really having a rough time, we'll google it :o) and then typically we find we're doing the right thing.

• I imagine I will do a little of both. Currently, my "Brunch Bunch" group is reading Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel (from the Facts of Life) and it is really good! She has TONS of discipline ideas, including a whole chapter in the back on toddlers.?

This is it?https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Correction-Focus-Family-Book/dp/1561799017?

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure since I haven't reached that stage yet, but I think I will most likely go with my gut.  I haven't put much stock in books so far, since nothing the "experts" say actually works with J. 
  • So far I've pretty much gone with my gut, things I've read online, and advice from our pedi and other moms.  So I guess a combination of everything!  I've never been a fan of "going by the book", so I doubt I'll ever do that as far as discipline is concerned either.  I handle it the same way I handled all the other baby raising issues we've had.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageBackthePack:

I imagine I will do a little of both. Currently, my "Brunch Bunch" group is reading Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel (from the Facts of Life) and it is really good! She has TONS of discipline ideas, including a whole chapter in the back on toddlers.?

This is it?https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Correction-Focus-Family-Book/dp/1561799017?

I've read this book and done her study...its great!!

We basically do a combo of both. ?Mostly we go with our gut, but we have read books. ?I think its like just about everything else...we find bits and pieces of helpful info from several different sources and put it all together for a plan that works well for us.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"