D.C. Area Babies

Pediatrician Gender and your DC

Is your pedi the same gender as your DC?

We had a female for DS in Virginia, but now that we've moved, and need to find a new pedi anyway, I'm wondering if we should try to find a male?  It obviously doesn't matter now, but maybe when DS is older, he'd be more comfortable asking questions, etc to a male doc?  I was thinking it about it the last time we went to the pedi and she took off DS' diaper.  :)

FWIW, I always had a male pedi growing up and it was never an issue.

Re: Pediatrician Gender and your DC

• We go to a practice that has both males and females.  Strangely, I usually book the appointments with one of the male Drs. 

Growing up I actually went to the same practice.  It was nice because once it started to be an issue (I think I was around 10 or 11), I just went to one of the female Drs in the practice.

At this age it doesn't matter but I like having the flexibility for when DD is older and might not feel comfortable with the male Drs.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was thinking that might be a good option - getting into a practice that has both for the future.
  • Loading the player...
  • most of the Drs at our practice and all the nurses and the NP are women, I did see a male Dr once; I don't really have a preference, I'm actually thinking of changing practices after DD turns 1 and taking her to the family practice DH and I go to and our Dr is a male
  • I was just thinking of this the other day.  I don't think it's a big deal now, but at some point I will probably start requesting one of the male doctors at our practice.  I know I always felt more comfortable with a doctor of the same gender.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • I guess it's hard to predict how your kid will feel.  I always had male doctors growing up, and didn't think anything of it until I got to college and all the girls in my dorm made a big deal about seeing female doctors at the college clinic. 
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • This has honestly never crossed my mind.  DS sees a female pedi.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't even think I know of any male pedis. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"