Washington Babies

at what age

did you or are you going to start DC in preschool?
Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

Re: at what age

• By four, maybe three, depending on the program.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Most preschools don't start until 3, meaning they need to be 3 when they start in the fall.   Ben's birthday is in December, so that would mean he'll be nearly 4.  I'm not in a huge hurry to get him in "real school" since he'll be there for a zillion years anyway.  :)  But next year I'm doing a BCC toddler class that meets 2x a week, and you stay with them one day and leave them one day.   So it's a little pre-schooly and I think will be a good transition.  

• Loading the player...
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:

Most preschools don't start until 3, meaning they need to be 3 when they start in the fall.   Ben's birthday is in December, so that would mean he'll be nearly 4.  I'm not in a huge hurry to get him in "real school" since he'll be there for a zillion years anyway.  :) 

Same with us, except for Jacobs bday is in October. Ive talked to a few friends that are Kindergarten teachers and they all strongly urge parents to wait rather than start them early (unless they are gifted) its a better transition for everyone :)
  • Tillman started a co-op preschool when he was 25 months.  It was a 2 year old class, but most of the kids were a few months older than Tman.  Since his birthday is at the end of July and cut off for most schools is the end of August, he will probably always be one of the youngest in his class.  Anyway, he did a co-op preschool that was a lot like what Jill mentioned.  It was 2 days/week for 2 hours.  I helped in the class one day and left the other.  Tillman's in the same kind of deal this year.  I think co-op is an awesome transition for kids who have a parent stay at home.  It's more gradual.  In his 2s class, he learned how to sit at circle time, pour without spilling, his colors, shapes, how to share, etc.  This year, he is learning letters, counting, basic addition, how to spell and write his name, etc.  Next year, I am probably going to have him at the all day preschool at my church.  I think he's ready, but I am totally not.  I was in the office yesterday for 6 hours and I burst into tears on the way home because I was away from Tillman all day.  That's neither here nor there.  Sorry I'm so verbose. :)
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • I have been looking into a coop preschool for next year, and having a really hard time finding one in our area.  So far I found one through Everett CC, but I don't' really care for it.  You go 2 days a week, 2 hours each, and Mom goes to each class.  I would like something where he is on his own for part of it, seems like a lot of hens in the hen house if you ask me.

Let me know if you find something, and I will share my finds also.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"