WWYD? — The Bump
Secondary IF


Sorry, This is gonna be long

My Ob- *sigh* He is the best one in the state, literally. But his bedside manner and the way he does things. We HATED it last time, it felt like we were cattle just moving along for him to make the big bucks.

His nurses on the other hand were AMAZING..

We loved our RE whom he shares an office with, and our OB is also and RE too but we didnt goto him.

BUT I was not closely monitored during my PG- I guess I had a "routine" pg. My fluid levels were never checked. I had a 6 week and a 20 week u/s, The baby was never measured (which led to a failed induction since she was almost 10lbs) and we ended up with a c-sect. This makes me nervous for many reasons

When it came to the c-sect, he was amazing and it was probibly the easiest thing I have done. I barely have a scar and my recovery was super easy.

My insurance is only through this 1 hospital. There really are that many choices in OB's at this hospital and for another c-sect he IS probibly the guy you would want to perform it.

*Sigh* I dont know if I should stick with him for #2 or if I should look around for another one, I mean I will have repeat c-sect. I also dont know if I should go back to fab RE or use him as my RE since they are in the same office.

I feel frustrated today regarding this, Dh said to make the appts this week and I just dont know. I mean he KNOWS us, he KNOWS about my PCOS. But his bedside manner. *sigh*

Too bad RE's wont deliver babies... :P

***Blake (1) and Ashlyn (3) ** [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/25zt1d1.jpg[/IMG]


  • I hate doctor issues.  It really is so tough.  I would stick to your RE for your RE stuff for sure!  No doubt!!!!  If your OB asks why just say that RE knew your history.

     As per keeping the doctor... Well for starters are you going to try to attempt a VBAC?  If that is important I would shop around b/c this guy doesn't sound like the patient VBAC man.  But if you are doing a repeat C likely I would keep him.  Beside manner aside what it comes down to me is: who will do the best job for my body and my baby.  GL!

    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • I dont know I mean the whole "birthing" process wasnt super important to me like others. However, we want alot of kids 4-5 at least.

    But then I have a feeling all of my babies will be big like Ashlyn,lol so I need to get my ducks in a row

    I feel like I NEED the monitoring me RE offers so I defin think I should stick with him...


    ***Blake (1) and Ashlyn (3) ** [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/25zt1d1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree that you should keep your RE.  If he knows your hx and all, then he's probably the best bet!  Given the details from your posts, I would have to say I'd probably look for another OB.  It doesnt' sound like he makes you feel like you're taken care of and treats you like just another number.  I hate that feeling and changed OBs for that very reason.  There is a lot involved in your decision, and I'm sure you'll do the best for you and your baby's care.
  • That is one hard judgment call.  You can technically have 4-5 c-sections (I've friends who have done that) but it all depends on the extent of scar tissue and damage!!!!!! Thus, the doctor cutting you up is a very important decision.  With that said successful VBAC's might be the easier route. Why did you have a c-section?

    I would talk to your RE about your concerns!  I think you should look at all your options and history very carefully.  One thing I know is that doctors often push C's when not really necessary.  I would consider all your options!  Knowing you want so many kids, keeping the really skilled doctor might be your best option BUT if you are an excellent VBAC candidate well that very well might be your best option and that probably means a more patient doctor and even a different hospital or whatever.

    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Has c-sect because I was on max pitocin for 48hrs straight and was contracting but "I" didnt feel any pain. Ashlyn wouldnt come down farther then 2cm -2 and she had been like that for 3 weeks already.

    She was 9lb 15oz and 22" she was big!

    and I was overdue. and I begged for it because I was Done. I hadnt eaten or drank or slept in 2 days and I just was DONE lol


    ***Blake (1) and Ashlyn (3) ** [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/25zt1d1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Indifferent  AHHH!  OUCH!!! AHHH!!!  Okay that was a good c-sec!

    Talk to your RE about it.  You might be a very risky V-Bac candidate b/c they don't like to induce a v-bac girl and your next baby is likely to be BIG.  So that might mean repeat c's Sad  In that case Mr. Insensitive might be the right route.

    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards