Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

going back to work after

I need to go back to work. I had a u/s with no heartbeat Wednesday, stayed home Thursday to cry. Took pills to induce miscarriage on Friday and was supposed to return to work today.

I got up got in the shower this morning and I just couldn't do it, I am so sad inside I just couldn't face work, the commute putting on business clothes.

I put my sweats on after shower called and left a message for my boss and crawled back in bed. DH had been very supportive and told me not to rush things, but I need to go back to work tommorrow, my work has been very understanding but I dont want to push it.

How did u get yourself back into the swing of everyday life?

Re: going back to work after

• Options
    I had to force myself. I did not find an easy way.  But listen to your body and take your time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh sweetie I was in your position yesterday.  I literally asked DH if he would come to work with me about 50 times.  I just wanted to stay home, but to be very honest it was hard.  I felt like I was forgetting what has just happened and that's not my intention at all.  I do feel much better today and getting back in a routine has helped me emotionally.  Not that I don't think about it about every other minute, but I feel like getting on with our lives will only help us to move on and look towards the future, and having a healthy baby one day. 

I remember your SN from the 1st tri board and I would be happy to listen if you need someone.  my email is abbyitheewed@yahoo.com.  Please don't hesitate to email, it's helped me to talk with gals who have been or are going through the same thing.  ((HUGS)) to you!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Today is my first day back at work...I took a week and a day off.  Part of that was for a previously scheduled vacation, which helped the most.

Part of me wanted to go back to work and get back into the swing of things, but another part of me wanted to stay at home in the bed. 

A week was good for me...maybe you just need a little more time off.  It's still hard this morning answering emails, returning phone calls and preparing for a very busy few days coming up. 

• Options

I had a natural miscarriage and had no one to fill in for me the day I found out at work. In a way it was good that it kept me busy. The next day I got my hair cut and colored, something I was putting off because I was pregnant at the time.  I also began acupuncture treatment weekly, which has been very relaxing to my body.

Take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon!

• Options

I had my m/c on Sunday, still bleeding profusely but decided to come into work today. It was sooo hard. Crying in the shower and then all the way here. But i did it. One step at a time. And if i only make it a half day and need to go home after lunch then so be it.

((hugs))

• Options

I took three days off, the day it happened, the following Friday and Monday.  I had planned to go back on Monday but it just didn't happen, I couldn't get out of bed.  The next day, I went through the motions of getting ready, bawled to every song I heard on the way to work, then sat in the parking lot crying.  I didn't want to go in and face everyone.  I sat in my car for probably 20 minutes before calling my DH and telling him I couldn't do it.  He talked me through it and told me to be strong. 

It was very hard coming back.  When people would tell me they are sorry, I would start crying.  But as time goes by I am able to talk about it more easily.   

• Options
    Listen to your body and only go in when you can. I forced myself to go in the next day after my D&C. I thought getting back to work would help, but I just found myself staring at the computer and getting nothing donefinally by the end of the week I accomplished something. I still don't think I am completely back in the swing but I will get there, we will all get there. Just listen to yourself and go in when you are ready, and if it gets to much maybe do a half a day. Also, don't be afraid to take a moment outside, or in a quiet place at your place of work if you need it. ((HUGS))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"