Multiples
Options

When was your baby shower?

I am due Oct 21st and my sister is planning my shower for Aug 1st so I will be 28.5 weeks by then. Do you think that is too late? I wanted it early so I still felt good enough to enjoy the party and then put everything away and also shop for whatever else I needed. But I am reading all of these stories about twin moms going on bedrest so early so it makes me think I should plan it for sooner? When was yours?

Thanks!

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

Re: When was your baby shower?

• Options
    I was almost 30 and 35 weeks at my showers. The one at 35 weeks was a little later than I would have liked (that's when it worked for the hostesses), but it was still nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i had mine at 28 weeks.  i think many twin moms will advise you to have it at the end of your 2nd trimester, or very early on in your 3rd.  i don't think there's a right or wrong answer here, since there is such variation in pregnancies - especially twin pregnancies.  for example, i never went on bedrest ... had a fairly easy pregnancy, and then a placental abruption/ emergency c-section at 33.5 weeks.  so, i guess you can't really plan for these things!

good luck, and congrats on your pregnancy!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had one at 24 weeks and one was scheduled for 29 weeks. The last one was canceled (or postponed till after the babies are born) due to bed rest. I was fortunate to have at least 1.
  • Options
    I was about 27/28 weeks for my shower and it was the best time for me. I was still really comfortable and really enjoyed the day - I was tired when I got home. We had to work around holidays/family ski trips/other showers/weddings so it was the only weekend that worked for most of my family as well.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options

This question is in the faq and there are lots of answers.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/7724150.aspx

• Options

I don't want to scare you but I went to my baby shower a week after I had my babies - 28 wks. I had been on hospital bedrest and my DH was going to go in my place.

Obviously don't plan for the worse (many MoMs make it very far in their PG) but you also don't want to make it too late. I think you've got a good date set.

• Options
    I had one at around 24 weeks and the other at 29-30 weeks (I can't remember).  I felt great at both.
  • Options
    I will be 30 weeks.  We tried to have it a few weeks earlier, but it didn't work out.
  • Options
    I just had my shower this past weekend at 28 weeks and I think it was perfect timing.  I was still pretty comfortable, but still looked very pregnant and was far enough along to feel comfortable having it. 
  • Options
    Mine was at 26 weeks.  I don't think yours is too late.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think that sounds fine.  I was 31w, 4d at mine and I wouldn't have wanted it any later.
  • Options
    I had one at 28 weeks and one this weekend at 30 weeks. I think its perfect timing. I still feel great and I'm excited to have everyone see my big belly!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just had mine at 27 weeks and I felt great!  I'm 28 weeks now ans still feel great!  You should be fine at 28 1/2 weeks.  Yes, there is a slight chance you might go on bedrest before then, but most likely you won't. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"