High-Risk Pregnancy

new here...need info on TAC

We just posted a VERY long post on pregnancy loss/miscarriage of our whole story.  We are looking for any information that you may have on transabdominal cerclage...we recently suffered the loss of our baby boy....we are aware of the transvaginal....but want to be the most aggressive so that we do not ever have to go through this again.  Any info would help.

thanks, marko and kim

BFP ~ November 3, 2008...David Spencer born sleeping March 22, 2009 due to IC June 11, 2009 TAC placed by Dr. Haney July 16, 2009 BFP March 15, 2010 delivered healthy baby boy by C-Section

Re: new here...need info on TAC

• Hi there. ?I just read your story on the pregnancy loss board, and though I don't have any information about TAC, I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss and hope you are able to find all the information you need.
  • I read your story on pregnancy loss and am so incredibly sorry for your loss. We experienced a twin loss at 23 weeks but my doctor said that they did not recommend a TAC for us with this pregnancy. I know there is a leading doctor here in Chicago that does them and that you might want to consult with - if you haven't already heard of him I'm happy to find out his name for you, feel free to send me a Private Message or you can page me here.

Again, I'm truly sorry for the loss of your little one and the pain I'm sure you're going through.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Loading the player...
  • Dear Marko & Kim,

I'm so sorry for you loss. My husband and I have gone through this twice ourselves so we understand the complete devastation and frustration. I had my TAC done by Dr. Haney in Chicago. I never had a TVC because we just didn't like the odds a TVC presented. I'm pg again now and am a little over 23w (never made it beyond 16w4d - early cervical changes). I'm thankful every day for this TAC.  Go to abbyloopers.com which is TAC central. Great women with wonderful support.  Dr. Haney is a fantastic patient advocate and will do a free consult with you.  His team also negotiated all of the insurance intricacies for us as well (covered cost was about $22K).  He is also still invovled in my care with my Perinatgologist and will answer any questions I send over to him (he does this with all his patients).  Anything I can answer, feel free to ping me here or email me at jfrank02135@yahoo.com.  My prayers are with both of you and your son.

• i am very sorry about your loss. i had one at 24 weeks and then again at 18 weeks. if i choose to have another child (mentally don't know if i can do it again).... i would have a tac placed. my peri and high risk ob that would place it are here in atl. abbyloobers in the best place to get info. dr. haney is awsome. he will even email you and anwser question. he is a great dr.

good luck.

• I am so very sorry.  I replied to your post on the PL board as well.  I completely second everything that Josie wrote.  Dr. Haney is amazing and my TAC is holding strong.  I'm here if either of you want any info or just to talk.
  • Marko and Kim,  I am so sorry about your loss.  My husband and I too had a late loss at 20wks 4 days in June.  I didn't want to risk ever losing another baby like that as well.  We were planning to start trying again in Jan.  I called the Wonderful Dr. Haney in Chicago,  Thanks to Abbyloopers.  (you should join the group.  There are a lot of wonderful ladies there.)  I made the appointment, and then 2 days later found out I was pregnant.  I had my TAC placed at 11 wks pregnant.  I now am 26 wks.  Everything is going well.  I am not on bed rest.  I do have some restrictions.  I do have some fear, but not as much as I would have if I didn't have the TAC.  I highly recommend Dr. Haney, He is a wonderful and caring man.  He'll do a phone consult with you.  His # is 1-773-702-6127 Debbie is his receptionist.  She is very nice and helpful too.  Recovery wasn't too bad.  If you have any questions or if I can help my email is lmyanda21@yahoo.com 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto to everything abover regarding Dr. Haney.  He placed by TAC in December 2007 after I gave birth to my first daughter at 28w5d (she is healthy now) after 5 weeks on strict bedrest.

I had plenty of time to research while I was on bedrest and was not comfortable with a TVC.  I hated bedrest and wanted to do everything in my power to avoid next time around.  Also, my daughter was in the NICU for 7 weeks and I wanted to give my next child the best possibility of being full term.  I learned a ton about the TAC on Abbyloopers.

I think your best two resources are Abbyloopers and Dr. Haney (Debbie is amazing, too).

Good Luck.

• thank you to everyone for your posts!  we are trying very hard to be proactive so that we don't keep falling back into our hole!  marko spoke with debbie from dr. haney's office yesterday and we have a telephone consult on friday!  we are looking forward to talking to him.  Tomorrow i am going back to my ob and hoping to get clearance to go back to work....although i'm dreading going back to work!  so many babies and pregnant women there!  we will keep you posted with further details!

thanks again

BFP ~ November 3, 2008...David Spencer born sleeping March 22, 2009 due to IC June 11, 2009 TAC placed by Dr. Haney July 16, 2009 BFP March 15, 2010 delivered healthy baby boy by C-Section
  • Marko and Kim:

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss!  I lost our baby girl at 18 weeks, due to the same thing you experienced.  I was dilated and effaced, and my water broke.  We were told to wait 9-12 months before trying to get pregnant again, to give my body time to heal, and to decrease the chances of this happening again.  When I do get pregnant again, I will have appts with both my regular drs and the maternal fetal medicine drs, and I will have bi-weekly ultrasounds, be on progesterone, and p17 shots.  This website has a lot of information on this:  https://www.kanalen.org/prom/index.php

Good luck in the future!  My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"