North Carolina Babies

Boo. We're not going on the Ireland cruise.

It sucks being a grown-up, and having to make grown-up decisions. hehe... If you missed my post, my IL's wanted to take us (AKA pay for) a 5 day cruise to Ireland at the end of May. But between Holly's age (she'll be almost 5 mos), all the stuff for her we'd have to lug, the fact that we'd likely need a suite as we don't sleep well in the same room with her, and the fact that I'll (hopefully) have a new job, and probably shouldn't take a week off right off the bat, we decided it's not in the cards for us right now, free or not. Crying

BOO HISS! Oh well... maybe next year. We are still seriously looking at the Disney trip in December though. So hopefully that will work out!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Boo. We're not going on the Ireland cruise.

• Being a grown up is no fun sometimes!  I hope you hear back from the job soon though! 
  • I hear you!  I've had to miss so many events, trips etc since Liam was born that I would have usually jumped at.  It sucks being a responsible parent sometimes hehe!

You should totally do the Disney trip though - for sure! :)

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry to hear that! I know you're bummed. But, at least there's Disney to look forward to.

Right now, I'm having to plan for maternity leave for next year, in that I have to use some of my vacation days before STD kicks in. A certain DH just doesn't understand why I can't take vacays this year so that I can save time for next year. He thinks I'm being overly cautious. Oh, he has no clue what he's about to get into!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageuncjules:

Right now, I'm having to plan for maternity leave for next year, in that I have to use some of my vacation days before STD kicks in.

Do you have news to share, or just planning "hypothetically?" Wink

Yeah, silly boys just don't "get it" sometimes!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Totally hypothetical!!!!! He just doesn't understand why I can't take off as much time as he does for vacation. Hmmm...let's see. He gets 7 weeks of vacation, plus holidays, including a week at Christmas. I get 30 days for the whole year and that includes holidays. I just have to shake my head at him somedays!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"