Pregnant after 35

NewMrs07

Hey girl! I wanted to check in with you to see how it's going at work today. You've been on my mind!

Re: NewMrs07

• That's sweet of you! Well, my supervisor said she talked to HR and since I don't qualify for FMLA it's up to her and the company to determine length of leave. So they're going to give me 8 weeks (unpaid of course) and then I go back to work. I guess it's not too bad considering a started working there being 16 weeks pregnant already. I just wish I lived in another country where women get 6 months of paid leave. Oh well, at least I still have a job, right? Thanks for asking :)
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Were they at least nicer about it? I'm just so glad your job is safe and you can come back post-baby. Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • For a small company and since you don't quality for the FMLA, I think they're being very reasonable. Of course you want more time?we all do?but I'm so glad you're getting the 8 weeks and will have your job!

I hope you find a good daycare center or someone to watch your baby someplace close by. It's hard to have to work full time.

I work for my family business and don't qualify for FMLA either. Though since my parents are my bosses, they wouldn't quibble. But since times are tight and I know it, I'm only taking 8 weeks (though they will still pay me) and when I go back I'll be bringing my baby with me until he's mobile. I'm lucky for that, but it won't last for long.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Yeah, I'm OK with 8 weeks and keeping my job. My parents live 5 minutes away so I'm hoping they will babysit a couple days a week and then I'll hire a nanny or take the baby to daycare for the other days. What I actually want to do is eventually work only 4 days but I'll bring that up after I come back from maternity leave and work a couple months full-time. We'll see what the workload is like.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"