Multiples

Is 7 months too young for the beach?

We are planning our vacation, and we normally go to the beach in Florida. What will the boys do at that age? Should we not go there. Any tips?

Re: Is 7 months too young for the beach?

• I think it's fine if it's not too hot. I would bring a pack and play, the kind with the little roof to shade them and they should be fine. Sounds fun! -Marcie
  • Keep in mind that even in the shade, you can get a burn.  The sun reflecting off the water and sand is just as harsh so make sure they are truly protected from the sun.
  • Loading the player...
  • We took our girls at 9 mos and they enjoyed it.  We brought a huge umbrella and one of those baby cabanas (and hats and sunscreen).  We brought a blow up baby pool - you can bring that to the beach and put them in it with a little water.

Our main problem was they just would NOT stop eating the sand.  It was really frustrating trying to get them to not put it in their mouths!

Have fun!

• We are leaving for FL on Friday and ours will be almost 8 months actual (5.5mo adjusted). I just think we're going to go for a little and hold them in our laps and hold them in the water, etc.
  • We went to the beach when they were 8 months old.  The keys are not going out during the height of the sun, getting one of those shade tents to keep them in the shade, and lots of sunscreen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"