Cincinnati Babies

Walkers? Recommend yours here

What type of walker toy did you get DC?  DH wants to get the traditional walker with a seat and wheels.  I know about the bad press they get (yeah, you have to keep your eyes on your baby...enough said), no intent to start a debate here.  I saw several that are like doll strollers and some that go from walk behinds and convert to ride on toys later.  Those are too cute.  I am not sure what works best.  I am more inclined to go with a walk behind toy, but we are a few months away from using one. DH really wants the old style.  Any recommendations?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Walkers? Recommend yours here

• I'm not 100% sure of the 'traditional' type but if it is what I am thinking of I didn't like those b/c according to Evans therapist it can make them learn to walk on their toes.

Evan has quite a few of the type that you are talking about and he LOVES them all - the kind that you walk behind and convert to a riding toy later.  I think those really helped him learn how to walk and run.  When Evan was 15 months adjusted age he was testing at a 18-19 month old actual age on gross motor skills and I honestly think it was because he liked those toys so much and it really helped him to walk and run.  Now he runs like no other. 

I'm not sure if that helped but I hope it did.  I think that whole bad press of those walkers is so stupid - anything like that is going to be dangerous if you don't watch your DC. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"