Multiples
Options

Biting

My twins are 11 months old and when one tries to take a toy away from the other, they tackle each other and try to bite each other.  It happens so quickly and I stop it when I can.  They only have 2 bottom teeth but they leave teeth scratches on each other faces.  Has anyones LO done this?  I'm not quite sure what to do to teach them not to bite.  I touch their mouth and tell them no bite, but I don't think they understand.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Biting

• Options

I keep checking back here for someone w/ the answer - I have the same issue except Luke is biting me.  I have bruises on each shoulder and my inner thigh.  Nice, huh?

I read you're suppose to pull them off, say "no biting" and redirect them to something else.  DID THAT, DIDN'T WORK

Then I tried, negative reaction.  Flamable I'm sure but I flicked him on the face and FIRMLY said NO BITING!  He cried the first couple times b/c he was so startled but then he started giggling.  DIDN'T WORK

Then I tried just simply ignoring it.  I couldn't do it, those little bites hurt like a mofo.  

I'm not sure the next step so I'm just back to pulling him away and saying NO BITING.  

Fortunately, he's only bit his brother once but that would be a whole nother ballgame.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"