TTC after 35

New to board/not ovulating

After recieving so much help and great advice on the Knot when I planned my wedding 2 years ago, I thought maybe I'd give this site a try since we are TTC over 35.  My midwife is concerned that I may not be ovulating so I just started charting and after 3 months we'll discuss our next step.  Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can kick-start this ovulations thing, without medication?  I'd really wanted to do this all-natural.  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New to board/not ovulating

• Hi there,

Can we see your chart? '

Edit: I read that too fast, I thought it said you have been charting for 3 months. Why do you think you are not ovulating?

• Have you seen an OB/GYN? ?I'm not sure what services midwives provide, but an OB/GYN or NP can order hormone levels to help pinpoint any problems. ?If you're coming off the Pill, it can take a few cycles for you to become regular again too. ?Charting is certainly a good place to start. ?GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • The midwife was asking me about my cycle and the fact that my period is very light (1-2 days), the lack of the correct type of CM and the one month I did chart, I was all over the board re: temperature made her think I'm not ovulating regularly, maybe only every few months.  I'm going to start charting but didn't know if there is something else I could do to help my cycle.  I find charting actually increases my stress levels though, takes the fun out of this. 

• I have light periods too- 2 days plus a little spotting. I have very little EWCM to speak of, but I ovulate. Always and regularly. Have you tried any OPKs? If you get an LH surge you are probably ovulating.
  • imagewanderingspirit:

The midwife was asking me about my cycle and the fact that my period is very light (1-2 days), the lack of the correct type of CM and the one month I did chart, I was all over the board re: temperature made her think I'm not ovulating regularly, maybe only every few months.  I'm going to start charting but didn't know if there is something else I could do to help my cycle.  I find charting actually increases my stress levels though, takes the fun out of this. 

I am no expert, but I too think that charting and/or OPK is a good place to start, and they say it can take a cycle or two to really see any patterns. I just started it at the end of January and it's super interesting to me. As far as taking the fun out of it, sorry you feel that way. I guess for me, I want to "know" what's going on, and once I got the hang of it, it literally takes 5 minutes a day.

Anyway, I am sure the other ladies can add to this. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! This is a great board.

• I don't have any suggestions on how to kick start ovulation, but I wanted to say welcome to the board.  Also, I agree with the other posts that charting and using OPK's would probably help give you an idea as to whether you are ovulating. 
  • Welcome!  I was not ovulating -I don't know how old you are but I'd definitely seek at least an OB's help in determining if your ovulating.  It is pretty easy with a blood test.  I don't know if there is a natural way to boost ovulation. Clomid 50 mg has worked for me.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"