Cincinnati Babies

Well, we got an offer on our house...

Go figure, last spring we had it on the market for 9 months with nothing. We put it back on last week and got an offer on our first showing.

But it's not a great offer. The buyers are FHA, which can be difficult in a historic district because things in a historic area that most buyers are okay with, like steeper stairs, or an old porch, can apparently be a deal-breaker for FHA loans. I had no idea of this. Then, on top of that, our agent and the agent who is representing the buyers seem to have some sort of beef and the whole thing has been very...stilted and kind of snarky. I don't know.

We have until tomorrow night to make our counter offer. I think we're going to give it a shot and make what we think is a fair offer back, but I am really worried about the FHA offer not going through. Our house was built in 1900 and we have a second-story small back porch that is not structurally sound and can't be used (but would cost thousands to tear down). So we will see...keep your fingers crossed for us! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Well, we got an offer on our house...

• I hope it works out for the best for you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Best of luck to you guys tomorrow! I know what you mean about having an older home...Our house was built in 1920, and we are currently in the process of having our original wood floors redone this week! (It's our spring break...) we are hoping the improvements help to sell the house next summer!
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • That's great! I hope the FHA stuff doesn't end up being too much of a pain.

So where will you go if this works out?

image Ready to rumble.
  • Good luck!  I hope you get what you would like for it and that it goes through!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• That's great news! I think the market has picked up a lot. Our house has been on the market for 3 weeks and we have had 6 showings and 2 have shown significant interest. Now we are just waiting for offers!

Good luck with everything and I hope it all goes smoothly!

• I hope it all goes through and goes a lot more smoothly than you expect! 
  • I know-- I am shocked at how quickly we got an offer. There is still stuff that we are working on, like fixing the front porch, but they didn't ask for a closing date until May 18th. So we'll see...

I'll keep you guys updated. We are counter-offering this afternoon. I am SO nervous.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"