Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

soooo....sex after m/c (TMI post)

My bleeding stopped 5 days ago (I wanted to make sure it had REALLY stopped and wasn't going to start up again), so we went ahead and did the deed last night. And it was great, but after - literally like 2 seconds after - I started crying. I just couldn't help it...and DH was wonderful and very comforting, but it was just suddenly so overwhelming. I was fine up until that point and then it just all fell apart.

I don't know what to attribute it to except that it kind of drove home the point that we weren't having a baby anymore, especially since it was condom central (haven't used them in years, so it was a change). Still, I'm glad we had sex for the first time after m/c now instead of waiting a couple more days when we were on the cruise ship (I know this might sound lame, but being in my own bed/room was very comforting).

Anyway, I know I'm kind of rambling, but I guess I just wanted to see if my response was normal...not that it really matters, since obviously it was normal for me lol, but wondering if anyone else had something similar happen (if you don't mind sharing). 

Re: soooo....sex after m/c (TMI post)

• ibisibis member

That is definitely normal.

I was 'worse' than that - I burst into tears when we were just kind of making out one day soon after the m/c. All I could think when we kissed was that I wished we still had our innocence - that we were the carefree newlyweds we'd been just a week or so prior.  

Sex is hard after the m/c, but it also does help you stay connected. It's normal to have mixed feelings about it, but it will get better with time. 

• totally normal. I burst into tears smack in the middle of our first time and SOBBED for a while before we could get back into it again. It will bet better and it is helpful!
    oh please. not KU. effed up.
  • Loading the player...
  • omg hahah i though i was the only sap who did that, i did the same thing, i was hysterical the first time, then after i kinda got into it and didnt cry anymore, i was just optimistic about getting pg again soon.
  • Thank you so much, ladies! I feel better now that I know it's normal lol! I know it will get better (just like everything else), but that first time was just so emotional...hopefully the next will be better. Smile
  • it's normal. I cried after we did it the first time. It's a lot of emotions. Sorry for your loss.
  • I did the same thing.  It also took us a few days/weeks to work up to it, because I was emotional just making out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"