Austin Babies
Options

What is your fave sling/wrap

I am wanting to get one put not sure on which on to get.

I have also thought about waiting until he arrives and renting them from Austin Baby ( i think that is the place anyway). 

TIA

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Re: What is your fave sling/wrap

• Options

I like the Ergo carrier a lot. It's not a sling or wrap but I have a bad back and it's super comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time. The baby has to be facing in, but you can wear it on your tummy or back, or side -- I think -- I haven't tried the side position yet.

The only thing I don't really love about it is that in hot or warm weather it makes my front or back (depending on how I'm carrying DD) really hot and sweaty. I guess that's the same for any carrier, sling or wrap? Not sure.

I got mine from Austin Baby off S. 1st.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageRuby44:

I like the Ergo carrier a lot. It's not a sling or wrap but I have a bad back and it's super comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time. The baby has to be facing in, but you can wear it on your tummy or back, or side -- I think -- I haven't tried the side position yet.

The only thing I don't really love about it is that in hot or warm weather it makes my front or back (depending on how I'm carrying DD) really hot and sweaty. I guess that's the same for any carrier, sling or wrap? Not sure.

I got mine from Austin Baby off S. 1st.

I also got an Ergo carrier & purchased the infant insert.  What I like about this is that it can be used from infant stage and on.  I got mine from Amazon.  They're kind of pricy, but it's nice not to have to buy a sling too.  :)  I tried carrying around my nephew (who's a year old) after I got it and I was really impressed.  It really distributed his weight well and he loved being on my back. :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

AFAIK nobody rents them, but yo ucan come to the Austin Babywearers meetings and check them out. They're the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 10:30 am, at the new Austin Baby location.

I loved using a wrap when she was little, now I prefer a mei tai (in my siggie).

• Options
    we love our slingezee.  dh and i can both wear it and have used it since he was little bitty.  we still use it because we can wear him on our hip and he loves it.  if he sees the sling he starts kicking his feet because he wants to get in it.
  • Options

I love my becco 2! I got it at Austin baby and both hubby and I can wear it with him. It's front and back and no facing out. Super comfy and everything on it adjusts. The new ergos have the strap that goes across your chest/back fixed to the shoulder straps and for me it wasn't comfy and it gave me 4 boobs.

If you go to austin baby they'll let you try them all on and like M&M said you can do the baby wearer meeting try on thingy :)

good luck

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"