Working Moms
Options

spaghetti stained onsie

Do you sent your child to daycare in clothes with stains on them (or is this a horrible thing to even ask)?  They are washed, just some orange spaghetti stains on there.  If it is okay for a baby, at what age does it stop being appropriate?

If it is never okay, then any tricks on getting those stains out?  Or do you just buy a lot of extra clothes :)

Re: spaghetti stained onsie

• Options
    E CE C member

I send her in stained onesies, although she usually has a shirt on top of it.

If I worried about stains (spaghetti, grass, dirt, or otherwise), I would be neurotic.  I figure she's 1.  Stains mean we had a good time at whatever we were doing.

I don't know at what age it becomes inappropriate, but I know we certainly aren't there yet.

• Options

I've had really good luck getting stains out with Shout.  If something doesn't come out in the regular cycle, I put it in the machine on the soak cycle in warmer water and that usually does it.

My rule is that if I wouldn't mind being seen with DD wearing something than I'll send it on her to daycare.  If she had something with a big, obvious stain that wouldn't come out, I would probably just pitch it or put it in the pile of clothes for painting. 

Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't...unless a sweater went over it - but that means not a heck of a lot...kids get dirty...and I'm sure my daughter will someday stain her favorite shirt and want to wear it in spite of my pleading...Tongue Tied

SHOUT It out though if you still can...I usually spray DD's clothes with Shout (let it sit and work its magic for bad stains ) and put a half a cup into the wash..it works like a charm for stains front and back of onesies! (You can get a huge bottle at BJ's for $8)  Key is not to put the stained clothes into the dryer until you have SHOUTED the stain out ( this may take 2 cycles) otherwise you're just baking it into the clothes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Shout or a good soaking usually works for me. If it doesn't, then the it either becomes play clothes for mud season. I will sometimes send a badly stained shirt as the back up shirt at daycare.

• Options

I usually reserve stained clothes specifically for daycare! DS is 14 months old and makes an enormous mess when he eats--he even gets the sleeves dirty on SHORT-SLEEVED shirts! And he rips bibs off.

My daycare has ruined so many clothes (between food stains and bleach from their clean-up) that I don't send DS in my favorites, or those that were particularly expensive.

• Options
    yep, dd goes to daycare, stains and all.  she comes home w/ stains anyway so i really don't see the point.  stains to me means she's having fun.
  • Options
    I swear by the OxyClean spray (they make a baby safe one too).  Spray it on as soon as possible, check it when it comes out of the washer and respray and wash if necessary.  Works like a charm!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"