Breastfeeding
Options

Medela battery pack?

Has anyone tried this?  I am wondering if it is even worth it on battery life and power, or if I would be better off with a manual pump.  I will be traveling with long layovers and so I need something that doesn't need to be plugged in just in case I can't find a plug in a discreet area.  Thanks!

Re: Medela battery pack?

• Options

When my plug broke, I actually used batteries for about a week (3x a day). I had to turn the knob up a bit to get stronger suction and it ended up being stronger than it was with the ac adapter. I always kept extra batteries with me just in case I ran out of battery power while I was pumping, but I think I only changed the batteries once. It's nice to have the battery back-up anyway. The power went out one day while I was pumping and I panicked!! I was so glad to have that battery pack!

So, yeah, definitely worth it to have batteries and not use a manual pump!

• Options
    I've only used it a few times, but I thought the battery pack worked just fine.  I'd take extra batteries, just to be on the safe side, but I didn't have any issues with it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always have the battery pack with me in case I can't find an outlet to plug into. ?I do quite a bit of traveling and have used the battery pack on airplanes, airports, in strange places with no electricity and it works the same as if running on electricity. ?The batteries seem to last for a long time too. ?I've never had the die on me but I change them out periodically and always carry extras with me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"