Detroit Babies

Question for Oakland/Macomb OB patients

I know there are others on here that are going to Oakland/Macomb OB.  For those of you who are, when did you have your 2nd trimester anatomy scan?  Also, was it at the office or at Beaumont?  Thanks!

Re: Question for Oakland/Macomb OB patients

• It's done approx at 20 weeks.  You can schedule it a little early at 18 weeks, but from my experience, that wasn't a good idea.  I had gone in at 18 weeks and they could only get a few of the measurements.  The baby was too small to get all the measurements they needed, so I had to go back a couple weeks later. 

It's done at Beaumont.  That's one thing I didn't understand- why they send everyone to Beaumont when they have a really nice u/s sound machine and a u/s tech on staff.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It was at Troy Beaumont -- when I asked, they said that it's always there -- I think the machines are better and allow for a closer, more accurate look at the baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, I forgot -- mine was at 19 weeks, and I didn't have any problems with size.  Having two may factor into that, however.
  • Thank you!  I too find the Beaumont thing odd.  I love their ultrasound tech at the office.  She is so nice.  I guess I will plan for the first or second week in May :-)  I remember with my son I had it done at 17 weeks but that was 5 years ago and a different practice too.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"