Secondary IF

Did anyone here NOT have TTC #1?

I will be honest here...DD was a complete surprise and completely un planned. Yes. I was one of those.

Now I have been TTC #2 for 20 months, dont O on my own, and have very PCOSish ovaries.

I had no idea that fertility can change until I was facing IF.

My Blog
DD #1 {04-19-2004}
Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
DD #2 {12-31-2009}
2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice

Re: Did anyone here NOT have TTC #1?

• DS was a complete surprise for us. We also got pregnant on our own twice when we first started trying (though both of those pregnancies ended in m/c.). It was a really tough pill to swallow that we needed help this time.
  • DS #1 (16 yrs old now) was a total oops baby. ?Now I cannot get pg without going through IVF
  • Loading the player...
  • You "fertility" did not exactly change. You may have just gotten lucky the first time around. Oh I hope you have some luck soon for this one!!
  • I found out I was pg with DD about 6 weeks after our wedding. I was shocked to find that I didn't O on my own after I had her and even more shocked to find out that DH has MFI. We got lucky, I guess!  
  • I got pg with DS 1st cycle.  This time, I haven't been trying long, but have had consistent short LP's so my doc put me on Clomid quickly.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • We got pregnant with DD on cycle 2 and we got pregnant with DS on cycle 1.  It never occured to me that we would have trouble TTC another baby, yet here I am nine months after our loss without a baby.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

DD 11/7/04, DS 6/24/06, Chemical Pregnancy 6/08, TTC#3

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • We got pregnant with our first on cycle 2, but I wasn't charting, or using OPKs.  It's been just about a year this time around.  I've got my appointment made with my doctor.  We'll see if they can figure out what's going on.
  • We started TTC 8/06 and got a BFP 11/06, so I would say, "no" we didn't have trouble. But, I was on Metformin b/c my older sis was dx'd with PCOS and her/our Endocrinologist wanted to "catch" my PCOS before it reared it's ugly head. So, we'll never know if I would've had TTTC but who cares. We have a beautiful little girl:)

• DS wasn't really a surprise, we decided to start trying for a baby (we weren't preventing) and we got pregnant the first month.

It took us 13 months and one cycle to actually get pregnant.  I finally got pregnant the first month I got my period without Provera. 

I also do not ovulate on my own due to PCOS.  That's really my only symptom. 

Good luck.

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had no problems with our first.  We decided that we wnated to have a baby and the 2nd month we were pg.  Now we have been trying for 21 months and we just had a m/c.  It has been a crazy ride!!!
    Alyssa born 6/14/05 at 8 lbs 2oz - Ashley born 3/27/10 at 6 lbs 13oz
    We had 2 years of IF trying to conceive #2 and one loss during that time. We are currently trying for #3! had another loss the end of June
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got pregnant literally on our first try with ds. ?Now this time Im not getting af and Im not ovulating. ?We have been trying for 6 months. ?But I haven't had af for 3 months so it isn't going to happen on my own. ?Im taking provera right now to bring on AF. ?My dr thinks Im going to need to take clomid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"