Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Had a rough weekend... (long)

So Friday at my dr appt she gave me some medication to "calm me down".  She said it might take a few days to get into my system and really show some improvement in my "mood".  Well guess what?  I apparently had enough of it in my system by Sunday morning to cause me to have tremors.  So I had tremors for about 3 hours, and they finally subsided.  She said I cant take that medication anymore and now they want me to go see a psychiatrist who can give me medication that is right for me...

I have no want to go to a psychiatrist.  I feel more comfortable going to counseling with my pastor, who knows  me, my situation, and was there when I lost the baby.  I think knowing him I will be more comfortable to open up about my true feelings, etc..  Not to mention his counseling is free and he is available to me at anytime...   I think I am just going to try to skip the medication route. 

Sunday I went to church...  I wanted to be there and needed to be there.  It was the first time since I lost Grace and no one at church had seen me in two weeks..  I love my church family and they were very supportive.  In fact one member came up to me and said that she has two angel babies and knows how I feel, she sat with me and let me cry and comforted me.  Then I was surrounded by people who just wanted to make me feel better.  They all hugged me and said that they loved me.  Which really was comforting and painful at the same time..  I was overcome with emotion...

But the girl sitting behind me really made it hard for me to concentrate on the service.  She refused to put her 7 month old baby in the nursery and let him make noise, pull on purse, etc..  It was a constant reminder during the service that I wont have a baby to hold in August and it made me sad.  Im sorry but I think her actions lacked class.  She KNEW what happened and there was no reason for her to leave im in the service.  (she always leaves him in the nursery)..  Anyway it was hard on me, though I made it through.  I just wish that people could understand....

Vent over..............

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Had a rough weekend... (long)

• Options
    Oh Cowgirl, I am so sorry that you had a rough weekend. I can't imagine anything would be better than "rough" these days though. You suffered a terrible loss and my heart continually breaks for you. I'm so glad that that woman at church allowed you to cry with her. What a sweetheart. I'm sure the other lady with the infant just wasn't thinking about you. I'm sure she was only thinking about herself, and had no clue how her infant would make you feel. I hope that counseling with your pastor really helps you process and begin to heal, allowing you to bypass any medication. You are so loved, girl, and all of our thoughts and prayers are with you right now.
    missed miscarriage began 04/08, ended 07/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Im sorry you had to deal with the lady at church, but I am glad everyone else was so supportive of you. 

I went to see a counselor (therapist- whateve you wanna call it) and she put me on a prescription while I was seeing her.  I did take it, it was a very low dose.  I didn't take them for long, and I honestly think just talking to her helped more then the pills.  So if you are more comfortable with your pastor, I would say do that.  Sometimes it is easy to talk to a third party that doesnt know you, but I understand wanting to talk to someone you know.  I hope you are feeling better soon  ((BIG HuGS))

I should add that the pills helped me sleep, and that was very nice sicne I was having night terrors.  But you could always ask your doctor to prescribe something for sleeping instead if you are having problems with that.

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"