Working Moms
Options

Fun Poll: how would "old you" be surprised by the mom version of you?

Old me has a very week stomach.  New me gets vomited on and barely bats an eye.  How about you?

Re: Fun Poll: how would "old you" be surprised by the mom version of you?

• Options
    Oh, and "old me" would never have thought I'd be one of "those mom" still nursing a 16 month old.  But it's working great for us!  Old me never planned to cosleep either.  Ah, never say never. 
  • Options

Old me would have never thought I could function on so little sleep everyday.

Old me never thought I would actually learn to cook. Now that I have children to cook for, that has changed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    FloF9FloF9 member

Old Mom:

1.my kids won't watch TV until they're 5

2.won't freak out when they fall and hurt themselves

3. wouldn't believe tremendous lack of sleep

4. would be bothered by loud crying & tantrums

5. wouldn't believe the amount of laundry I do on a weekly basis

6. won't believe lack of energy I have

• Options
    Old me would be surprised at how indecisive and neurotic new me is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Old me would be horrified by my lack of ambition at work, my ability to function on no sleep, and my complete lack of alcohol tolerance. 
  • Options
    old me would be shocked at how easy it is for me to get up at 5am and function throughout the day.
  • Options

"Old me" would have stayed at my original job and I wouldn't be at this new one.  for better or worse.

"Old me" hated gross things too but can handle my daughter's gross bodily functions.

"Old me" would have never realized how much I could possibly love one person .  Especially one who requires so much work from me and allows me to get so little sleep.

• Options
    Old me would NEVER have switched her hours to come in EARLIER - so not a morning person - new me is super excited to be home earlier in the evening and would gladly trade 1/2 hour of sleep for Billy time!
  • Options

Old me:  Juggle career and family with ease.

New me:  Seriously consider staying at home with this cute lil' human being

Old me: "I would never give my kid a pacifer" 

New me:  I didn't realize the benefits of a pacifier.

Old me:  Let the kid cry it out.

New me:  I pick up this kid even before a teardrop falls from his eyes.

• Options

About how much fun it is to have both boys in bed with us every night. I can't imagine them not snuggling with us in the morning. It is our favorite time of day!

• Options

Old me: stayed up until midnight most nights. Rarely got out of bed before noon on the weekends.

New me: Lucky if I can stay awake past 10pm. Thrilled if I get to sleep in until 9am on a weekend.

• Options
    "Old me" would have never thought that waking up at 7:45 am could be considered "sleeping in...(I am NOT a morning person!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    There's not a lot that "old me" would be surprised to see.  But a few people mentioned the sleeping - agreed, old me would never have believed I could get by on this little sleep.
  • Options

imagebruincouple:
    Old me would be horrified by my lack of ambition at work, my ability to function on no sleep, and my complete lack of alcohol tolerance. 

Ditto! :)

• Options

imagebruincouple:

Ditto.  All three.

• Options

imagebruincouple:

Ditto.  me too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"