Pregnant after 35

Okay it's officially THAT point in the pregnancy.

***RANT ALERT***

Man, this morning- my toddler was having a whiny time, my DH (and i use the "D" part loosely today.. ) had left stuff EVERYWHERE for me to clean up, I can't bend down without nearly falling over, and my sciatica is going nuts to the point that I cant even walk without pain, let alone try to pick up a 34 lb toddler.  

By 9:30am, after convincing myself that - sure, ketchup is a food group, if she's eating breakfast... - the two of us were sitting on the couch in tears.   Yep.   I'd officially lost it.

Oh my GOD I'm over the estrogen making me insane!  

That sweet little girl finally stopped crying, looked at me and said "mommy, crying?   No no - mommy smile!"   and kissed my face until I was laughing then made a big smile on her face with her fingers pulling her lips back...

One more month.   It's worth it, but ... DANG.

Rant over.  Thanks :)

Christine

Re: Okay it's officially THAT point in the pregnancy.

• Awww Christine! I am sorry that you're having a bad day. I love that your precious little girl helped turn that around. My dogs have been doing that for me lately. Smile I hope your day gets better.
  • Awww Christine! I am sorry that you're having a bad day. I love that your precious little girl helped turn that around. My dogs have been doing that for me lately. Smile I hope your day gets better.
  • Loading the player...
  • sorry your having a sucky day, I've been there with my 7y/o and it always seems to happen as we're about to leave for school.  I can't tell you the times I've sat in the car and cried.  They don't do it intentionally and kids are allowed to have off days just like adults, tha's cute that she tried to make you feel better.

• You're totally allowed to have a meltdown when dealing with things like that. ((((HUGS))))  So sweet that Maggie wanted to make you feel better.

I hope things are going better now and that your cry helped relieve the emotions. 

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • LOL- it WAS right before school for us too... what is it, the witching hour!?

Christine

• LMAO...I think it is! 
  • OMG I can so relate. We went to Wendy's for lunch on Saturday and DD ate nothing but ketchup. Thankfully she'd had a pizza sample at Sam's Club right before.  Then she pooped in the tub on Sunday and it was so difficult to wash the tub - and all my H (no D) kept doing was asking if I'd cleaned it yet. UGH!

It's cute how our little ones comfort us too though! Glad your Maggie could help you out a bit this morning.

• hahah welcome to the toddler years, where ketchup IS a major food group :)

• Awww geez!  The bit about when she said "No no - Mommy smile!" has me sitting at work in tears. That's about the cutest thing ever.

I commiserate with your hormone frustration!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I'm so sorry you're having a bad day Christine, but man your little girl just gets cuter and more  precious with every story you tell about her. Sniff sniff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"