Secondary IF

anyone else afraid to be too positive during 2ww?

I was feeling so optimistic and my DH keeps making comments as if I am pg already and my beta is not until Friday.  I hate when he says stuff cause I feel like he's jinxing us or something... today for some reason I just don't feel like I'm pg :(  I am now 5dp5dt and since 2dp I was crampy and now I am not...I am exhausted today and was yesterday too and feel like it's all just in my head!  Ugg...I hate that I have to wait until Friday!  I want to feel optimistic but am afriad to be feeling that way too...
Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011

Re: anyone else afraid to be too positive during 2ww?

• I'm a firm believer that positivity helps to heal the body in a sense, (and the opposite would be true of negativity) so I think there's nothing wrong with feeling cautiously optimistic. I can see where being over the top optimistic can lead to heartache but I think you get what I mean.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have to repeat over and over that " I do not have enough power to jinx myself" That being said, I would rather spend the time positive if possible! Good luck! I have a good feeling.
  • Loading the player...
  • After my 2nd IUI I was sure it hadn't worked. I was mentally moving full-steam ahead to round 3. So I was stunned when it worked. I definitely tried to not get my hopes up, because it's just that much more painful IMO. 

But I did try to visualize a nice little cuddly embryo, snuggling into a nice soft red velvet couch with a fuzzy red blanket in a cozy red room. So in that way I feel that I was "positive".

- Jena
  • Yes. Simply stated, Y-E-S!

I will test in 7 days and I'm already dreading another BFNTongue Tied

• imageCHI-06:
    I was feeling so optimistic and my DH keeps making comments as if I am pg already and my beta is not until Friday.  I hate when he says stuff cause I feel like he's jinxing us or something... today for some reason I just don't feel like I'm pg :(  I am now 5dp5dt and since 2dp I was crampy and now I am not...I am exhausted today and was yesterday too and feel like it's all just in my head!  Ugg...I hate that I have to wait until Friday!  I want to feel optimistic but am afriad to be feeling that way too...

I'm right there with you.  My beta isn't until Tuesday 4/7...and every symptom I am feeling now I felt when I was pregnant with my son...the 2ww is such a mind game.  Not sure about you, but I'm on progesterone suppositories too which just add to the confusion and the way I feel.

Good Luck and let us know how the beta goes!!!  I'll be thinking about you!

• imagejen5/03:

But I did try to visualize a nice little cuddly embryo, snuggling into a nice soft red velvet couch with a fuzzy red blanket in a cozy red room. So in that way I feel that I was "positive".

LOL!!!  Stick out tongue

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"