D.C. Area Babies

Mattress wrapping?

Has anyone wrapped their crib mattress?  I asked about a mattress wrap at Buy Buy Baby and they looked at me like I had 2 heads. I'm just curious about what others think about this. (I think this was discussed many months ago on the board.)

Here's a link to an article that discusses mattress wrapping in SIDS context: https://www.hpakids.org/holistic-health/articles/138/1/Crib-Death-(SIDS)-Factors

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Mattress wrapping?

• I did some online research into this a while back, and I think it's a crock.  I never found a peer-reviewed article that supported it, and I ended up finding quite a few articles that de-bunked the pro-wrapping findings.   I think if you dig deeper, you'll be hard-pressed to find much that substantiates it.  Not trying to be dismissive, just hopefully giving you one less thing to worry about.  :-)
  • Karenbird, this is kind of what I was looking for, not dismissive at all!  I really don't need more things to obsess about so objective feedback is welcome. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • I aired our mattress out before we used it.  I didn't find support for mattress wrapping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with pp - nothing has ever been proven regarding this topic.  Other researchers have tried to duplicate their one result and they have never been able to find anything no matter how hard they tried. 
  • I agree with pps that I haven't seen overwhelming evidence that a wrap is a must-have. That said, I would probably get one. If it's in the "can't hurt, might help" category and it's not that expensive, I think it'd be worth the peace of mind.
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • We wrapped our mattress.  I ordered the wrap online. 
  • AnnaBananna, where did you order from? Just want to look into it. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"