Blended Families

WYDT? Going away a weekend DS is home?

DS is gone EOW.  I have MS.  DH doesn't quite understand the effects that the disease has on me.  The National MS society is having a "relationship seminar" that happens to be on a weekend when DS is home.  It is an overnight thing, but I think it may be good for DH and I to attend.  I know Nathan would be fine with staying with his sisters and my parents, I just feel guilty.  Would you do it?

Re: WYDT? Going away a weekend DS is home?

• Yes. Help for mommy is help for DS. And he'll have a great time with grandma. I'm assuming the abusive prick doesn't have right of first refusal?

Maybe leave a care package behind. Movie tickets, DVD rental, pizza for the night?

Click me, click me!
  • nope, he does not have right of first refusal.  He didn't even attempt that one!

• Loading the player...
  • What is more important for your son, another same old weekend with mommy or growing up in a happy, healthy family? 
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Go - it will be good for him to have a break from the old routine of your house, dad?s house. 

I mean jeeze its not like your going to be partying it up.  FWIW - if you asked should you and DH go party it up I also would have said go, you?re hardly abandoning him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm like you...I normally spend every second of EOW with DS since I feel like our weekends are sacred. But in this case, I'd go. It's good for your marriage and that's good for DS. Make sure your mom/dad have something kind of special planned...send a special movie or something. And enjoy the night away!
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"